Junior Moors/Bryan Norrie

No Moors for Melbourne?
The Storm could lose hard-running prop Junior Moors to the English Super League. With little money left in the cap, the Storm can’t compete with the decent offers British clubs are throwing at Moors. Melbourne are walking a delicate line with the salary cap, with their big three – Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk – all on such big dollars. That leaves much less for the rest of the squad, with honest prop Bryan Norrie another being offered good money to go elsewhere

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filefriday-236548

Both on the outer at Melbourne and since there aren’t too many props on the market for next year I think we should sign up both as long as we don’t pay overs. Moors was vastly underused when he was here and I’d love to see him back as an impact forward like the Storm are using him. Norrie isn’t the best prop going around however he is experienced and we’re lacking that with props atm.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a press release by Melbourne to see if they can clear some space for a good signing???

Moore should’ve got way more game time when he was hEre

Doubt he’d wanna come back if the poms are offering good money, unless maybe he wants to be close to family

Well 3 years ago it would have been crazy talk but gee you’d probably swap Norrie for Blair. Having said that we’ve been burnt pretty badly by taking a player out of the Storm system and expecting them to replicate it elsewhere

Out of the two I would take moors back.
After Adam Blair I wouldn’t want any storm player outside of smith Cronk and slater.
I feel sorry for the dragons if widdop ends up like Blair lol then again I will have a chuckle.

The Tigers pack is full of Moors no thanks been there done that !

Norrie is probably the solid journeyman we need ,much in the Bell mould

Moors is a back to the future move , no thanks

this part of the forum is just depressing.
not having a go at you luke,been feeling this way in here since 2011.

@bonstonker:

this part of the forum is just depressing.
not having a go at you luke,been feeling this way in here since 2011.

Haha I hear you man, I know what you mean. I can’t stand the threads about rumours or players who would look good in our team but aren’t off contract or players we don’t need etc. etc. I only made this thread because these are players which we actually need (props) and who are actually affordable and who are confirmed as not being wanted at their current club.

@happy tiger:

Norrie is probably the solid journeyman we need ,much in the Bell mould

Moors is a back to the future move , no thanks

Exactly my thoughts on Norrie. He’s just a hard working prop and gets his job done with no nonsense.

I know where you’re coming from with Moors but you don’t think he was underused here? He is providing decent go forward for Melbourne off the bench. Watch him carefully next time.

Ryles is playing better than both Moors and Norrie. Always thought Ryles was just a big, lumbering goose when he played for Saints but the games I have seen him play recently he has been great, always keen to do the tough stuff that a prop should.

Would like moors back but hopefully he comes back to us better than when he left

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.