This far, WT are the most penalized team

• Any reason for this, is it ill discipline, inexperience? Clearly, the refs aren’t doing us any favours in this regard, however we must be doing something wrong ourselves, surely… :bash

• I think we are very ill disciplined at times but after watching Friday’s games where Koro got penalised twice for shoulder charges that weren’t, and early on where the refs were very quick to penalise us on the first or 2nd tackle, then witnessing the ref actually trying to physically move Tamou out of his way instead of penalising him, I am not sure anymore. Why be so quick to penalise us and then ignore blatant offsides by the opposition??

• We get dominated a lot - cant slow the opposition down legally, so we lay on the tackled playerr too long, hands on the ball, get caught offside at the ruck - these things happen when youre dominated

• This part of there game is very frustrating …on Friday night the constant blowing of the whistle was becoming ridiculous and it was taking place in the oppositions 20 when pressure can be applied .This has to stop Woods hands constantly on the ball after the tackle has been called absolutely no need , laying on players again after the tackle has been called again no need! Laying in the ruck no need. Potter has to rectify this ASAP if this continues just not bother turning up. Great kicks to find touch in the opponents 20 second / third tackle penalty crazy good work wasted . Woods has to get this out of his game he is a real culprit obviously not the only villain ,get this out of the there game the percentages of winning increase measurable .

• I think its Royces area, a lot stem from ineffective defence

If the defense is better our line is on the front foot, not retreating as usual requiring the ptb to be slowed and the usual illegal tactics that go with it

• Sloppy defence. Momentum killers!

• The main reason is we are forever on the back foot in defence and players are desperately trying to stop the oppositions roll on ,to help get the defence set

The Tigers rarely have dominant tackles , but very often we are on end of dominant tackles

Momentum Momentum Momentum

• It comes down to not having momentum because our forwards are out muscled meaning we either give away more penalties or the opposition gets more of a roll on. Also as we are loosing lots of games badly this yr means we have less then 50 percent of possession and penalties usually go against the defending team so we end with more penalties

• @innsaneink:

I think its Royces area, a lot stem from ineffective defence

If the defense is better our line is on the front foot, not retreating as usual requiring the ptb to be slowed and the usual illegal tactics that go with it

Exactly,why we let Sheens bring his mate back is beyond me,our defence was way better when he was in England,he needs to be shown the door.

• A combination of things, some our fault some not. This habit some of our players of pushing tackled players as they get to their feet is a killer. But we were getting stitched up on Friday night. We got pinged a few times for slow play the balls and offside and they were just as guilty in both those areas, I think at times the refs know a team is the most penalised team and they think I better keep an eye out for offences. It’s a bit of a vicious cycle.

• The refs are very inconsistent with penalising hands on the ball this year

they started the year penalising even a sniff of a hand on the ball, now they’ve relaxed a bit but still seem to ping us with it every now and then

• Strength and conditioning - we’re not big enough to dominate the ruck, get owned by bigger packs, are slow to get up, and hence give away lazy penalties.

• we give away a lot of “unforced” penalties as well, when we are not under pressure going backwards.
    woods has been outstanding but gives away too many penalties, BMM is the same way to many bad penalties.
    I reckon this is our biggest problem.
    This then makes us defend too much and creates even more of the forced penalties when are under pressure and they roll through us.

• Teams regularly make 60-70m a set against us (12-14m a play), when you are getting steam rolled that badly you are going to cop a lot of penalties.

• @Marshall_magic:

Teams regularly make 60-70m a set against us (12-14m a play), when you are getting steam rolled that badly you are going to cop a lot of penalties.

have very rarely seen 60-70m besides Dogs and Souths. Last friday was mostly around 50. Some creep up to 60 some closer to 40.

Recent Topics