Fifita, Teo and Hoffman

• Disappointing looking at the team lists for the Origin sides and seeing 3 former Wests players there. Teo hasn’t been made official but by all reports he’s won a spot on the bench for QLD. Also on Teo, it was out of the clubs control, the guy is vermin and just whored himself out to the highest bidder. Hoffman was a Magpie junior, who from what i remember was offered more money by the Storm that we weren’t willing to offer.

And obviously the biggest head shaker is reserved for Fifita. I know this has been said to death, but the leap he has taken by being named in the Origin side just rams home how ridiculous it was letting him go and is a terrible reflection on us. Its Parramatta-esque. Groat and to a lesser extent BMM have barely lifted a finger in the last 18 months, and the guy we sent packing to accommodate both of them is now an Origin player. Its now official that this is the most boneheaded decision this club has made in recent memory.

• Fair call, but keep in mind groat is only now the same age as fifita was when he made his debut, so a comparison between the two is a little premature.

• Without sounding like I want to defend our recruitment department there’s a lot of hindsight there. BMM could be anything and Groat is looking good since his return. Coaching is failing more than anything. If another club like Souths/Melbourne picked up BMM he’d probably be playing for the Kiwis.

• @deejaii:

Fair call, but keep in mind groat is only now the same age as fifita was when he made his debut, so a comparison between the two is a little premature.

Call me a hard marker but the bar has been pretty much set for Groat if we want to look at it that way.

• coulda woulda shoulda

humpty is gone, sheens is gone… everyone’s bound to make mistakes. at that point in time, i didnt see many complaining that we let fifita go (but many were disappointed with gibbs going). these kinda things happen all the time.

• All 3 have one thing in common and it’s money…

You mention how you think Teo is vermon for whoring himself to the highest bidder. What do you think Fifita’s Manager was doing for 12 months prior to his departure (even though he had a contract for a further 12 months at the Tigers)?

There is no point whining about the departure of any player who ‘choose’ to leave for more money, and Andrew was no different!

• @Tiger Watto:

All 3 have one thing in common and it’s money…

You mention how you think Teo is vermon for whoring himself to the highest bidder. What do you think Fifita’s Manager was doing for 12 months prior to his departure (even though he had a contract for a further 12 months at the Tigers)?

There is no point whining about the departure of any player who ‘choose’ to leave for more money, and Andrew was no different!

Both Teo and Fifita under-performed with the Tigers. They both found the spark they were looking for at their next clubs so I can’t agree that it’s money they were chasing. Fifita noted the culture at the Tigers was an issue

• I thought that the story with Hoffman was that he left when Sheens took over because his father, Jay Hoffman hates Sheens. Sheens coached Jay Hoffman at The Raiders and Hoffman sat on the bench for the entirety of a Grand Final and Sheens never gave him a run. Not sure which Grand Final.

Anyone else heard this story?

• @alex:

@Tiger Watto:

All 3 have one thing in common and it’s money…

Both Teo and Fifita under-performed with the Tigers. They both found the spark they were looking for at their next clubs so I can’t agree that it’s money they were chasing. Fifita noted the culture at the Tigers was an issue

Both took a good 6-12mths to find any form at there new clubs… Why would we pay them the money they wanted when they wernt performing? [most on here say Blair should hand back his paycheck each week] At the end of the day, they choose to leave for bigger pay packets.

As I mentioned above, the club even activated a clause in Fifita’s contract to keep him at the club, but he still had his manager ‘whore’ him to other clubs. Teo’s contract was up, so good on him for finding better money. Fifita well, he was still contracted, so does that makes him a bigger whore than Teo?

• Hoffman wouldn’t have been a success at the Tigers , he only seems to thrive when he plays with a side that is 100% structured

Teo is Teo why would you want him back after the way he treated our jersey once he’d signed with the Broncos Hope Qld doesn’t pick him ,your mob can have him

Fifita ,who when he left could see that much potential ?? I sure as hell didn’t and he obviously was not kept because he didn’t listen to the coaching staff about his go forward If what Watto says is true where do you draw the line?? Imagine if we paid top dollars for every possibly potentialled star coming through and Groat and Woods looked like they were going to be better anyhow

I’m more concerned about Wood’s mindset at the moment to be honest

Of the four all mentioned he has been consistantly better than all of them over the time period and wasn’t picked

Is this because of the percieved softness of the Tigers pack ??

Lets hope Woods doesn’t start thinking he needs to leave the Tigers to get the representative recognition he obviously wants and deserves 😮

• I thought from memory Teo had a season ending injury and the Tigers stuck by him, only for him to “whore” himself around the following year? (Could be wrong though) Also, i’ll never forget some of the gutless and inept performances Teo put in after he decided he was leaving and distinctly remember Heighno giving him a gobfull on the field. As for Hoffman, well you can’t keep them all and personally i don’t think he is THAT good. Sure he has his moments, but who doesn’t playing in that side?

• @happy tiger:

Hoffman wouldn’t have been a success at the Tigers , he only seems to thrive when he plays with a side that is 100% structured

Teo is Teo why would you want him back after the way he treated our jersey once he’d signed with the Broncos Hope Qld doesn’t pick him ,your mob can have him

Fifita ,who when he left could see that much potential ?? I sure as hell didn’t and he obviously was not kept because he didn’t listen to the coaching staff about his go forward If what Watto says is true where do you draw the line Imagine if we paid top dollars for every possibly potentialled star coming through and Groat and Woods looked like they were going to be better anyhow

I’m more concerned about Wood’s mindset at the moment to be honest

Of the four all mentioned he has been consistantly better than all of them over the time period and wasn’t picked Is this because of the percieved softness of the Tigers pack

Lets hope Woods doesn’t start thinking he needs to leave the Tigers to get the representative recognition he obviously wants and deserves 😮

IMO Woods would have been ahead, but he made a couple of soft efforts against Souths and i think that really hurt him. I know at the time i thought “you can’t do that in Origin”. Lozza was a great player, but listening to his commentating over the years, and seeing how the Dragons faired while he was assistant to Brown, doesn’t fill me with any great hope in his coaching ability.

• @Paris Cobbs:

I thought that the story with Hoffman was that he left when Sheens took over because his father, Jay Hoffman hates Sheens. Sheens coached Jay Hoffman at The Raiders and Hoffman sat on the bench for the entirety of a Grand Final and Sheens never gave him a run. Not sure which Grand Final.

Anyone else heard this story?

My understanding is that Hoffman left because his old man is good mates with Bellyache Bellamy, from those same Canberra days, and Storm put up unmatchable $$$ to make it happen.

• Fifita always had loads of potential which he seems to be realising at the tiger sharks but for some reason couldn’t or wasn’t allowed to flourish here,happens all the time players move clubs and kick on you have to ask yourself why it happens a lot with our former players Fafita Hoffman and teo to name a few.
    But there’s always a few who don’t collis is one in recent memory that’s fallen off the map.
    My personal view is our recruitment is criminal and needs addressing ASAP

• @The_Doc:

Fifita always had loads of potential which he seems to be realising at the tiger sharks but for some reason couldn’t or wasn’t allowed to flourish here,happens all the time players move clubs and kick on you have to ask yourself why it happens a lot with our former players Fafita Hoffman and teo to name a few.
    But there’s always a few who don’t collis is one in recent memory that’s fallen off the map.
    My personal view is our recruitment is criminal and needs addressing ASAP

Collis was nothing even when he was here. Fifita was green but his raw ability was evident. He was always going to flourish given the right environment, and he wasn’t in the right environment given he wasn’t with the in crowd

Recent Topics