Jacob miller

• Banned

hi im a hull fc fan we have signed jacob miller i notice on your site people seem to like him or hate him how good is he and will he do a good job in ESL and what are his stregnths and weaknesses… good luck for the rest of your season hope the cowboys result gets your season going

• I think he is will do well in ESL, I think he is just short of top flight NRL.

He is the sort of player who comes up with the big plays, but makes a few to many errors

• @howard brown:

hi im a hull fc fan we have signed jacob miller i notice on your site people seem to like him or hate him how good is he and will he do a good job in ESL and what are his stregnths and weaknesses… good luck for the rest of your season hope the cowboys result gets your season going

I personally feel he was never given enough time in first grade by Sheens or Potter but if he is given a go at your club I think he will flourish. However, we probably let him go because we have a lot of talent coming through our lower grades who are better than him so don’t feel discouraged that we let him go because he’s crap or whatever. His strengths are his organising and kicking game. His defence is probably his weakness but it isn’t as bad as some halves. His attitude can be questionable at times as well. Hopefully a new environment will do him a world of good. I wish him all the best and hope he can perform for your team!

• Good kicking game ,OK in defence ,good step but lacks speed off the mark

Problems seems to be what from many have said is his lack of communications skills on the field Whether he wasn’t game to override Marshall and Farah I’m not sure

When he played NYC here that wasn’t an issue , he was always barking instructions and taking charge

Playing for the coach who brought him to the Tigers will give him confidence I feel

Behind a good forward pack he should go OK in my opinion

• I think the change will do him good, and I think he’ll eventually return to Australia as a much better all-round halfback.

• If Scott Dureau can thrive over there, Miller will be a demi-god.

• @howard brown:

Keep us posted on how he goes …
    Plenty Aussies there so he shouldnt be home sick, hopefully he gives you guys lots to cheer about.

• Banned

thanks guys he has got peter gentle, shaun mcrae,shannon mcdonnel,benny galea,d j holdsworth, mark omeley and of course gaz ellis so shouldnt be too homesick
    thanks again for taking the trouble to answer my querie

• Banned

@howard brown:

thanks guys he has got peter gentle, shaun mcrae,shannon mcdonnel,benny galea,d j holdsworth, mark omeley and of course gaz ellis so shouldnt be too homesick

Shannon McDonnell…hahaha…what a 2nd rate footballer he was…speed and nothing else

• I know others have already answered, they got him to a tee.

Just adding on, as long as your team doesn’t have too many big personality’s like Benji/Farah. He should do well with you guys, he struggles to control the plays when he clashes with another player.

Other than that, good organising skill, has pace and decent footwork. Kicking game as well. Work on some defensive positioning and he’ll be a top player.

• Good Player, just too early for NRL IMO.

I would like to think we still have first option on him in 2 or so years time

• @Spartan117:

Good Player, just too early for NRL IMO.

I would like to think we still have first option on him in 2 or so years time

Hmmmmm

Why?

• I was always a huge fan of Jacob and thought he never got a fair chance but the fact that Sheens AND Potter both discarded him early makes me think there’s something we don’t know.

• @alexaki:

@howard brown:

Shannon McDonnell…hahaha…what a 2nd rate footballer he was…speed and nothing else

Bit harsh. Was the stand out junior of his generation who’s body simply didn’t develop as required to be a first grade footballer.

He had a fair few good games for the Tigers until confidence issues beset him.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Recent Topics