Blake Ayshford and My Theory for 2014

• Blake Ayshford, I would put him in state cup as a back rower. He has strength, size and the ability to be a backrower. We have way too many top wingers and centres then are better than him. I think he would fit right into the back row. To be honest here we don’t need any signings for next year. Maybe a couple of props like Mose Masoe and others that can make big meters but no huge signings. Our side as stated in the other thread would look like…

1. James Tedesco
    2. Pat Richards
    3. David Nofoluama
    4. Tim Simona
    5. Marika Koroibete
    6. Braith Anasta
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Robbie Farah
    10. Jack Buchanan
    11. Curtis Sironen
    12. Liam Fulton
    13. Brenden Santi

14. Kyle Lovett
    15. Taqele Naiyavaro
    16. Blake Ayshford
    17. Sauso Sue

Here are the reasons for my positions…

1. James Tedesco- Best young player I have seen at fullback along with Matt Moylan. I think these guys are the future of the game.

2. Pat Richards- I think he will be a huge signing to be honest, he has the ability to score tries and that is just what we need. He can also help out with the development of the mini cannon ball.

3. David Nofoluama- The mini cannonball himself, he is the future Hodges and I hope he stays with us forever.

4. Tim Simona- He is getting better each year and he played great against cowboys marking Tate I think it was.

5. Marika Koroibete- I was proved wrong, he is a great winger and showed just that saving two tries and scoring one that not many others would score.

6. Braith Anasta- Short term fix it solution, he can stay there for the year then Moses will come in and there is our long term halves combo.

7. Luke Brooks- Future of the NRL, can’t wait to see him in first grade.

8. Aaron Woods- No need to say anything for this selection.

9. Robbie Farah- Refer to number 8.

10. Jack Buchanan- I think coming off the bench will help him develop but next year he needs to help the younger props come into the game, he and Woods are our best props and make the most meters. For his first year in first grade he is going well and I think he will be capable of starting next year.

11. Curtis Sironen- Monster, his line breaking ability will come into play in the future and I think that will be a key to us winning games, he is the next SBW but hopefully he won’t walk out on us.

12. Sauso Sue- Hard runner and hard tackler, has the aggression we need in this team, by far he and Fulton are the best backrowers we have.

13. Liam Fulton- People doubt him because of his size but I think he proves the stereotype that small guys can’t play in the back row wrong. he is a top defensive player and I would not leave him out.

14. Kyle Lovett- I would like to see him in firsts next year, I thin he is capable of cloning Woods and Buchanan.

15. Taqele Naiyavaro- Play him at prop and second row. He will be a hard runner and hopefully he learns how to catch this season.

16. Blake Ayshford- As I said I think he would make a great back rower, top player and will be a force in the backrow.

17. Brenden Santi- Won’t be any worse than Blair, I think he racked up 219 meters last week in NYC, he is a great player and good at breaking the line but just needs to pass more often.

18. Matt Groat
    19. Ben Murdoch Masila
    20. Sean Meaney
    21. Matt Fairhurst
    22. James Gavet
    23. Rory Brien
    24. Micael Bullock
    25. Jarrod Farlow
    26. Nathan Brown
    27. Kurtis Rowe
    28. Manania Rudolph
    29. Mitchell Moses
    30. Ava Seamunafangi

• Why would we want ANOTHER small backrower? If he’s not playing centre he’s not worth a top 25 squad spot. Which is probably the case at the moment and even if he was available you’d have to think Tim Simona has moved ahead of him in the pecking order.

• @Yossarian:

Why would we want ANOTHER small backrower? If he’s not playing centre he’s not worth a top 25 squad spot. Which is probably the case at the moment and even if he was available you’d have to think Tim Simona has moved ahead of him in the pecking order.

I just get worried if he moves on a plays better at another club lol

• nice thoughts ,but you know that Benji ,Lawrence, Ayshford and Blair will STILL be there next year and most probably Moltzen somewhere…they are all on contract and I dont think our leaders have the will or the gumption to make the sort of changes you are suggesting.

• To be honest I don’t think Simona is any better than Lawrence or Ayshford and I don’t think he ever will be. Reddy has played better than both of them and I see no reason to replace either Koro or Nofo for them so one is going to state cup to be groomed as a backrower and for me it would be Lawrence. Ayshford keeps his position in the centres at full strength imo.

• @Milky:

I just get worried if he moves on a plays better at another club lol

Pity Melbourne didn’t playing that card with Adam Blair or Souths with Petty Bourne

• Just what we need, another small backrower. No thanks.

• Banned

I would rather see Lawrence in the side (if he is fit). Clearly Lawrence has been playing busted. I think I will never get over how Blake played last year - Blake seems a bit of a space cadet at times on the field. Rather see Blake miss out on the team for sure

• @MacDougall:

To be honest I don’t think Simona is any better than Lawrence or Ayshford and I don’t think he ever will be. Reddy has played better than both of them and I see no reason to replace either Koro or Nofo for them so one is going to state cup to be groomed as a backrower and for me it would be Lawrence. Ayshford keeps his position in the centres at full strength imo.

Agree mate, I think Simona is the very definition of Bog Average. Good solid State cup player written all over him

Dont think Lawrence would cut it in the second row though.

It’s a damn tradgedy but i think is carrer is all but over due to injury.

• You’re starting just as many pointless threads as that peanut Khristian did. We have better backrow options than Ayshford, and you left out Sitaleki Akaoula who is one of the more potent backrowers we have at the club. He’s one of several players I’d have on the bench ahead of Santi who is too small to offer any impact in FG.

• Ayshford has appeared to rediscover his form this year, I certainly wouldn’t be letting him go before Reddy, Simona or Lawrence.

Next year I’d prefer to see:

1. Teddy
    2. Koroibete
    3. Richards
    4. Ayshford
    5. Nofoaluma

• @Cultured Bogan:

Ayshford has appeared to rediscover his form this year, I certainly wouldn’t be letting him go before Reddy, Simona or Lawrence.

Next year I’d prefer to see:

1. Teddy
    2. Koroibete
    3. Richards
    4. Ayshford
    5. Nofoaluma

Looks good to me , any chance we can swap Moltzen and someone else for Richards right now ??

• Its been said.
    I personally can see this working.

Worth a try imo

• That pack would get absolutely smashed. Poor Woods would have a heart attack after two games.

• I think Simona also may have reached his peak, and I disagree on a move for Ayshford to the forwards in NRL.
    Its not hard, we just need to GET what we NEED….for too long weve improvised, made do…used a butter knife instead of a screwdriver.
    Just get props to play prop
    2nd rowers to play 2nd row
    Wingers for the wing and so on etcetera :brick:

Recent Topics