VB NSW Cup Round 12 Side vs Windsor Wolves

• Courtesy of www.weststigers.com.au

Wests Tigers NSW Cup coach Paul Fletcher has announced his team to play Windsor Wolves at the Windsor Sports Complex on Saturday June, 1 at 4pm.

Fletcher will have access to five players who have featured in NRL in 2013.

Prop Matthew Groat will again have the opportunity to impress as he looks to press for a return to first grade.
    Star winger Taqele Naiyaravoro will miss the match with third placed Windsor, who are aligned with NRL side Penrith Panthers.

Promising halfback Luke Brooks will be rested with Jack Madden and new signing Eddie Paea to make up the halves pairing.

Wests Tigers, who sit fifth on the NSW Cup ladder will be out for revenge after a high-scoring 44-42 loss to Windsor in Round 2 which left coach Fletcher fuming his team’s efforts in defence.

1 Sean Meaney ©
    2 Matt Utai
    3 Josh Davis
    4 Rory Brien
    5 Asipeli Fine

6 Eddie Paea
    7 Jack Madden

8 Shaun Spence
    9 Masada Iosefa
    10 Matt Groat
    11 Ben Murdoch-Masila
    12 Jarrod Farlow
    13 Joel Luani

14 Michael Bullock
    15 Sitaleki Akauolo
    16 David Harris
    17 Soni Passi
    19 Seffa Silafau
    21 Jy Hitchcock

COACH Paul Fletcher

• Really big ask considering we are resting the only real kicker.

Eddie had better aim up or he will be a real liability in defence.

Have to wait and see who Windsor name as Mansour, Wes Banana, Luke Capewell and a few others turned out for them last weekend

• Brooks being rested is a surprise. Has he been carrying some niggling injuries or something?

Potter really seems to be easing the young bloke into things. Won’t complain though, as long as he does whats right for the long term benefit.

• Going up against a tough team:

1. Wes NAIQAMA
    2. Josh MANSOUR
    3. Brad TIGHE
    4. Geoff DANIELA
    5. Eto NABULI
    6. Tom HUMBLE
    7. Luke CAPEWELL
    8. Mose MASOE
    9. Daniel FOSTER
    10. Cameron CIRALDO
    11. Nathan SMITH
    12. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
    13. Ryan SIMPKINS
    INTERCHANGE:
    14. Liam AYOUB
    15. Kyle O’DONNELL
    16. Tom EISENHUTH
    17. Vaipuna TIA KILIFI
    18. Neccrom AREAIITI (One to be omitted)

I have a couple of things to say; Firstly, if Josh Mansour is coming back in NSW cup he is 10x the player Lawrence and Ayshford are then they deserve to be back in NSW cup too until they prove they are ready again. Secondly, you would have to think that Brooks will start at 7 next week and Sironen at 13, you would not rest your top player for no reason and thirdly good luck and go for the win boys!

• Another Cartwright coming through the ranks.

• If the WT show up with the defensive attitude from this past Saturday they will get belted.

Will be a good game to watch

• Banned

You guys think brooks and Mr T are in first grade next game?? I hope so. Doesn’t mention why they are not playing

• Mr T was put on report last game, he may be suspended.

• Yeah, suspended for a week.

Brooks will take the week off and then back to NYC a few weeks by the video

• @littletiger:

You guys think brooks and Mr T are in first grade next game?? I hope so. Doesn’t mention why they are not playing

Mr T got suspended for 1 game and Brooks will drop back and forth between the 20’s and State Cup at Potter’s request. Expect him in NYC for the next couple of weeks.

• I think the lads are probably going to cop a pasting. Quite a few first graders in that Windsor side.

I had wondered what happened to Luke Capewell.

• Couple of ex Tigers in this one

Look at the Windsor side and think to myself "How many of these guys would you take for our top grade side ?? "

Daniela,Mansour,Masoe,Humble Ciraldo Naiqama as a centre

• Ciraldo and Mansour yes. Although fairly certain Mansour isn’t outta the plans there, just can’t break into a winning team and fair enough that. We’ll do well to compete there. Anyone watching these games, who in your opinion is going to replace Robbie when he’s missing for origin. Pretty sure we lose Robbie for the Origin 2 game V Canberra. Iosefa is the one I fear will but i’m hoping someone will suggest otherwise.

• @Tigerpete:

Ciraldo and Mansour yes. Although fairly certain Mansour isn’t outta the plans there, just can’t break into a winning team and fair enough that. We’ll do well to compete there. Anyone watching these games, who in your opinion is going to replace Robbie when he’s missing for origin. Pretty sure we lose Robbie for the Origin 2 game V Canberra. Iosefa is the one I fear will but i’m hoping someone will suggest otherwise.

i think that they will pick Iosefa for that with the cap issues. But in saying that if there is more room i would put Joel Luani in there. he plays lock and hooker. played hooker for NYC last year and plays lock for NSW cup this year and runs it hard, speedy out of dummy half. doesn’t give many penalties away and also is very solid in defence ! otherwise if fulton is fit he will probably get the nod

• Amazing how some teams can bring back injured players through reserve grade yet we bring them straight back regardless of how terrible they were pre-injury

Recent Topics