Has the bye come at the wrong time

• forgetting the origin schedule etc has the bye come at the right time for the club? will it be a positive for us to work with or could it be a negative impact. personally i think it has come at the right time. we have numerous people injured which is well documented and people not playing at 100% health (teddy, braith, benji etc.) which allows them to get a week off their feet and come better for the next run of games (rd 13 - 17). coming off the back of a win it will put the boys in a positive mind set thinking that all the off season hard work wasnt a waste of time. the club would be a lot happier place with the win on friday night and although the best thing would be to continue the run as quick as possible the week off will allow for some great prep for the panthers and up coming games. the panthers themselves are on a bit of a run as well and the week off could hurt them as well. will be interesting to watch the first 20 mins next weekend

• I think it has come at a great time and I agree with you , and have a sneaky suspicion that we will do them to

• Banned

I think it has come a good time. When the next game comes, the boys won’t be using the high of last week’s victory to push themselves.

• Yeah I think it’s come at a good time too. A fortnight to work on things and make sure last week was not a once off.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• @WestsSupporter:

I think it has come a good time. When the next game comes, the boys won’t be using the high of last week’s victory to push themselves.

confused, they WONT be using the victory to push themselves?

I reckon it’s great, nice reward for their efforts while still leaving them at the bottom of the table. Makes them know they CAN do it but they need to work even harder if they want a chance at the 8.

And with injuries i’m hoping people can come back super refreshed, benji, teddy and anasta especially.

• I’m just glad we don’t play without Robbie. oh and the injuries too.

• Most of my memories have us playing badly directly after the bye so answer is yes

• @happy tiger:

Most of my memories have us playing badly directly after the bye so answer is yes

Well we had technically a bye the week before Melbourne Happy due to rep weekend and we didn’t make it easy for them
    Problem is that Penrith don’t have any players in origin now since Lewis/Jennings aren’t there and Grant wasn’t selected. Should be a tougher match than you would have thought a few weeks ago. Bye should break their momentum and give us time to fix some things hopefully.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• I’d rather say the win came at a good time. I think it would be worst if we had a loss last week and went into the bye.

Yeah I know. chicken or the egg comment.

• Usually I would’ve said the bye had come at a bad time. However given our injuries there’s no denying it’s a great time for the bye I would expect Anasta and Benji to be 100% next game, Lawry likewise - assuming selection of course. Hopefully Teddy’s toe has settled down by then too. Also worth nothing guys like Buchanan, Sue and Sironen now get a week off to absorb the experience to this point. Potter also gets a chance to asses the first 11 weeks and importantly a bit of extra time to work on deficiencies.

• @happy tiger:

Most of my memories have us playing badly directly after the bye so answer is yes

Might be different with the new players and new coach we have this year.

Recent Topics