Pat Richards on Foxsports today.

Eurosport at 12.45 and 18.30 today. Leeds v Wigan. Pat Richards and some other ex pats feature.

Watching it now I think he still looks the goods,really good goal kicker and those high kick offs with massive hang time that land in or about the try line are an art form.
But what I really want to see are his booming drop outs from 05 I actually wanted a team to go for penalty goal and miss and see patty smack it back to their goal line but I don’t think that ever happened in 05, maybe this time around,think he will be a really good signing actually Wigan are flogging teams at the moment.

I watched this game a few days ago. Richards kicks one line dropout 70m on the fly. His kick restarts are as good as I’ve ever seen from any player.

He kicked at least two 70m dropouts, he belts the living hell out of them and with a good kick chase they kept the opposition in their own 50 for the first tackle. Also he looked good in the air and busted several tackles. If he stays healthy he’ll be an integral part of the team, he should kick all drop outs and all kicks for touch from penalties.

listening to all this, you can imagine what went through potter’s mind when he signed him. at bradford, he would’ve had to sell his left kidney to get someone like him in his super league team, but at the WT pat richards wants to come and play for the team without breaking the bank balance.

ofc there are negatives like age as well… we’ll see how it goes, but atm the signing looks good to me.

@Tbone:

I watched this game a few days ago. Richards kicks one line dropout 70m on the fly. His kick restarts are as good as I’ve ever seen from any player.

Given all the kick restarts we have done in recent weeks, I can see this signing as very astute.

Too bad we don’t chase kicks

@Sabre:

Too bad we don’t chase kicks

Good punch line!

he had a pretty good fend in 05

still got it?

been saying that he is a good purchase for a while, cheap and tonnes of experience which we really need next year. Finally I feel like others here are seeing eye to eye with me.

Similar to Lote, but I hope if he does turn out to be injury prone we don’t keep resigning him…

@izotope:

he had a pretty good fend in 05

still got it?

Didn’t really see it during the 60 minutes I saw, he ran hard and fast into the defence though

oh my, i think ive come to the wrong forum?!! Is this possibly some positive news and praise coming out of the forum crew? Blimey, anyone think we’d won a game recently.

@pHyR3:

been saying that he is a good purchase for a while, cheap and tonnes of experience which we really need next year. Finally I feel like others here are seeing eye to eye with me.

Similar to Lote, but I hope if he does turn out to be injury prone we don’t keep resigning him…

How much is he costing?

@pHyR3:

You should apply for a job on the recruitment staff…You sound like you really have a keen eye for over 30 year old talent.

Can’t wait. Hope we are not disappointed!!!