2014 Team

• Im not writing off this year already but I just wanted to find out some peoples opinions of what our team should be next year based on what we have already seen this year.
    My team would look like this:

1. James Tedesco
    2. Pat Richards
    3. David Nofoluama
    4. Blake Ayshford
    5. Marika Koroibete
    6. Benji Marshall (if he finds some form)
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Robbie Farah
    10. Jack Buchanan
    11. Curtis Sironen
    12. Liam Fulton
    13. Braith Anasta

(not 100% sure about our bench)

14. Ava Seamunafangi
    15. Taqele Naiyavaro
    16. Eddy Pettybourne
    17. Sauso Sue
    18. Bodene Thompson
    19. Adam Blair (only if he actually starts trying)

• Banned

if that is our side next year we are in big trouble,terrible back row,crappy bench and whey to many young blokes to do anything.we need 3or 4 players desperately.

• Agree with Z = b/row & bench - crap

Need an exp. prop…preferbly 2
    Add Galloway & Groat

See how gavet goes if he gets fit
    Buchanan might make the bench if we are full strength

• Definitely guys. Galloway and/or Groat are musts based on that squad. What we do see though is enough smallish back rowers and also a heap of unanswered questions re: the squad. What happens to Moltz, to Lawry, Blair etc??? My point being for me anyways there are too many un answered Q’s to have a fair shot at naming our best 17.

• Banned

I reckon something like:-

1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoluama
    3. Chris Lawrence
    4. Pat Richards
    5. Marika Koroibete
    6. Curtis Sironen
    7. Benji Marshall
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Robbie Farah
    10. Keith Galloway
    11. Bodene Thompson
    12. Eddie Pettybourne
    13. Liam Fulton

14. BMM
    15. Groat
    16. Sauso Sue
    17. Adam Blair

I think we have a lot of options at the moment and injuries may have helped us because we’ve given a lot of young players a go. I don’t think we need to buy a lot of players either. Blair can be let go to upgrade some other players contracts as soon as his contract is up.

• @blake2005:

Im not writing off this year already but I just wanted to find out some peoples opinions of what our team should be next year based on what we have already seen this year.
    My team would look like this:

1. James Tedesco
    2. Pat Richards
    3. David Nofoluama
    4. Blake Ayshford
    5. Marika Koroibete
    6. Benji Marshall (if he finds some form)
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Robbie Farah
    10. Jack Buchanan
    11. Curtis Sironen
    12. Liam Fulton
    13. Braith Anasta

(not 100% sure about our bench)

14. Ava Seamunafangi
    15. Taqele Naiyavaro
    16. Eddy Pettybourne
    17. Sauso Sue
    18. Bodene Thompson
    19. Adam Blair (only if he actually starts trying)

Not much different to the side this year. Can’t see how we will go any better. It amazes me that anyone could suggest a back row so lacking in penetration. Not blaming you Blake its just a reflection of this clubs poor decision to resign Fults.

I have wraps on Simona and would have him well ahead of Ayshford for two reasons:

1. Ayshford would struggle to beat my dead grandmother in a footrace whereas Simona has genuine speed.
    2. Simona knows how to set up his outside man whereas I don’t believe Ayshford has ever passed the ball.

IMHO Nofo is too short to be a first grade centre. He would get monstered. Leave him on the wing.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• I reckon:

1. James Tedesco
    2. Tim Simona
    3. David Nofoluama
    4. Pat Richards
    5. Marika Koroibete
    6. Benji Marshall
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Robbie Farah
    10. James Gavet
    11. Braith Anasta
    12. Curtis Sironen
    13. Liam Fulton

14. Mitchell Moses
    15. Matt Groat
    16. Sauso Sue
    17. Andrew Vela
    18. Ava Seumanufagai

:sign:

• I understand what is being said about the back row but honestly who else is there available. Without gettin rid of people and buying new players we still have reasonable depth and all the young players in my opoinion have lived up to expectations. I rate Curtis highly and I reckon he would easily be able to handle a position in the back row. Liam Fulton has been one of our best players this year and is consistent every week. Braith Anasta needs a spot in the starting side I reckon and with him at lock it adds and extra ball player on both sides of the field.
    The only reason I put Blake Ayshford in ahead of people like Simona and even Lawrence is because he’s a strong player and has also been pretty consistent for us over the last few years. Chris has struggled with injuries that maybe ruined his career and Tim Simona has had plenty of chances and just can’t provide.
    Luke Brooks and the rest of the young players need their chance in first grade so that we can start to build our side around them and stick with them like Manly has done with Cherry-Evans and Foran and unlike what we did with Jacob miller.

• 1. James Tedesco
    2. David Nofoluama
    3. Pat Richards
    4. Tim Simona
    5. Marika Koroibete
    6. Braith Anasta- Bring Moses in when ready
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Aaron Woods
    9. Robbie Farah
    10. Ava Seamunafangi
    11. Curtis Sironen
    12. Liam Fulton
    13. Jack Buchanan

14. Sitikeli Akoula
    15. Brenden Santi
    16. Kyle Lovett
    17. Sauso Sue

• @blake2005:

Tim Simona has had plenty of chances and just can’t provide.

Please explain. What chances are you talking about? When has Tim had a poor game in firsts? When has Tim not taking advantage on an opportunity created by the halves?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• It’s really too early to have an accurate crack at this as we don’t know which players will be moving on or whether we’ll sign anyone else but based on what we’ve got:

1. Tedesco
    2. Mr T
    3. Nofoaluma
    4. Ayshford
    5. Koroibete
    6. Marshall
    7. Brooks
    8. Woods
    9. Farah
    10. Gavet
    11. Sironen
    12. Sue
    13. Fulton

14. Buchanan
    15. Groat
    16. Ava S
    17. Anasta

18. Akaoula
    19. Pettybourne
    20. Thompson
    21. Lovett
    22. Blair
    23. Lawrence
    24. Richards
    25. Luani
    26. Santi
    27. Brown
    28. Rowe
    29. Farlow
    30. Spence
    31. Moltzen
    32. Fine
    33. Simona
    34. BMM
    35. Vela

• I really think we should sign Kevin Naiqama.

• @Milky:

I really think we should sign Kevin Naiqama.

Is he off contract?

• @willow:

@Milky:

I really think we should sign Kevin Naiqama.

Is he off contract?

yep and Bennet said he wont be re signing him because they have enough depth and he deserves a start.

• People leaving Lawrence out of the Tigers best 17 for 2014 are nothing short of gibberers. Sure, the guy has had an up and down period since he injured his hip, but the bloke is a professional and one of the Tigers best hole runners. Is his best position still centre? That’s what I want to debate. The bloke will be our best backrower next year. He is 100kg, quick, and find a hole and his front on defence is as good as anyone in the club. Given the quality young outside backs coming through, it’s only natural Rowdy makes the transition into the pack, one he was always destined for.

Recent Topics