NSW 1-0

• If by some miracle of Old Testament proportions New South Wales wins the first game, does Josh Reynolds stay in the team for “consistency’s sake”? Or does Daley man up and admit the mistake, picking a big man a la Woods or Grant for Origin II? That is assuming everyone is fit, and Reynolds plays an expectedly small, if any role in game one.

• He will stay if we win. Woods will likely debut Origin III i feel. That is, unless we lose game I.

• You are assuming Daley has made a mistake… If Daley believes his original selections were correct, dont be surprised to see Gidley back in Game 2 if NSW win!

• @Tiger Watto:

You are assuming Daley has made a mistake… If Daley believes his original selections were correct, dont be surprised to see Gidley back in Game 2 if NSW win!

Mate I thought gidley was out for the entire origin series

• @Frank the tank:

@Tiger Watto:

You are assuming Daley has made a mistake… If Daley believes his original selections were correct, dont be surprised to see Gidley back in Game 2 if NSW win!

Mate I thought gidley was out for the entire origin series

arent you blokes lucky!

• Yep the sun shines on a dogs backside every now and then

• Reynolds/Sutton came into the squad for Gidley who was injured. Bringing in a straight up replacement rather than reshuffle the side is probably what Daley was going for.

With more prep and a likely modified game plan to play at Suncorp, it wouldn’t be unusual to see Reynolds dropped even if we do win.

• @LaT:

Reynolds/Sutton came into the squad for Gidley who was injured. Bringing in a straight up replacement rather than reshuffle the side is probably what Daley was going for.

With more prep and a likely modified game plan to play at Suncorp, it wouldn’t be unusual to see Reynolds dropped even if we do win.

agreed… Game 1 is always a tough grind and its usually not until Game 2 & 3 we see some structured attacking football.

Mal wont be afraid to change his backline & bench if need be…

• @Tiger Watto:

@LaT:

Reynolds/Sutton came into the squad for Gidley who was injured. Bringing in a straight up replacement rather than reshuffle the side is probably what Daley was going for.

agreed… Game 1 is always a tough grind and its usually not until Game 2 & 3 we see some structured attacking football.

Mal wont be afraid to change his backline & bench if need be…

Don’t think Shillington will start ,expecting Myles to start up front and bring a backrower off the bench to start

The side looks slightly unbalanced otherwise and having at least one fresh prop off the bench makes some sense in my opinion

• Banned

Here’s a daunting stat: NSW have never won an Origin game when the five-eighth is on debut.

• Does that count as Reynolds debut?

On the topic, I think he has to stay. He was selected for a reason, and even though he didn’t play, I think he has to stay.

PS. A Sheens move by not using 17. He would be proud. Hahaha 😉

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• @Peaches:

Does that count as Reynolds debut?

On the topic, I think he has to stay. He was selected for a reason, and even though he didn’t play, I think he has to stay.

laurie’s game plan must have been to keep reynolds on the bench so that gould doesn’t steal his chair again

• @tig_prmz:

@Peaches:

Does that count as Reynolds debut?

laurie’s game plan must have been to keep reynolds on the bench so that gould doesn’t steal his chair again

Hahahaha

I’m not sure what the plan for Reynolds was but I’m glad he wasn’t used for the sake of being used. That would be a mistake.

• So to ask the question again post-miracle, surely Daley has to drop him? I know Origin normally opens up after game one, but it’s hard to think Reynolds would add more than another big man.

• Banned

If it was me I would be bringing Grant or Woods in. Poor young Adam will get another chance next year.

Recent Topics