Cross fit- its impact on wests tigers.

• Can anyone remember at the start of the season we were training at cross fit hq.

Does anyone think this may have something to do with our large injury lists?

I know it is a different training to what this squad is used to.

I am not saying this isn’t effective training as I think the opposite, but maybe it is not effective for this sport,

We have had our worst injury list ever, and two busted pecs from the same team in the same year.

Surely we are doing something wrong in our prep work.

Or

Maybe sheens has seen a voodoo witch doctor and really fudged us. Lol

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• I think the whole fitness and strength areas are a huge joke!! all that seems to stem from them is a club that is injury riddled!

• Injuries in our under 20’s are majority knees. Maybe check whether the boots supplies by Blades are satisfactory….otherwise it is coincidence.

• Yeah something doesn’t add up!

There’s too many injuries to just be coincidence.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• We had injuries even with a high performance guru in Steve Folkes. The only difference was that we had the cattle to compete. I do agree that our boys seem to break alot easier than others, but I wouldn’t know how to remedy that.

• Banned

Although this season is by far the worst for injuries, we’ve had a lot of trouble in this area for the past 3-4 years for some reason. Before the season starts every year we come on here with our predictions of where we could finish on the ladder, as long as the injury gods are kind to us. Unfortunately, it’s been the same story for years now - they are never kind to us!

Taking this history into account, I think there needs to be a complete change of strength and conditioning personnel and an overhaul of the processes because the guys and strategies WT have in place now clearly aren’t up to it. I know every team has injuries and some teams quite a lot also, but what WT have experienced over the past 4 years is way over the top, imo, especially when you consider what’s happened with Tuiaki, Dwyer and Lote. One team surely can’t have so much bad luck for so long - It really needs to be investigated.

• @Tigersmurf:

Injuries in our under 20’s are majority knees. Maybe check whether the boots supplies by Blades are satisfactory….otherwise it is coincidence.

I was only saying to a work colleague last week that I reckon its the Blades boots that may the cause of most of our injuries.

The “XBlade” design would limit the player being able to twist on the ball of he’s foot opposed to regular studded boots

• @DREW76:

@Tigersmurf:

Injuries in our under 20’s are majority knees. Maybe check whether the boots supplies by Blades are satisfactory….otherwise it is coincidence.

I was only saying to a work colleague last week that I reckon its the Blades boots that may the cause of most of our injuries.

The “XBlade” design would limit the player being able to twist on the ball of he’s foot opposed to regular studded boots

This theory’s come up before, years back. I think its rubbish.

Half our blokes wear nikes & asics etc

• Banned

@Tigersmurf:

otherwise it is coincidence.

I think reality is that footy is a tough sport and injuries occur. I’d like to see the stats but I doubt there is any reason for it other than bad luck.

• I agree that this season has been by the far the worst for the club. Forget the first graders themselves but add the nyc guys and we’ve had close to 18-20 sidelined. State Cup has only had 2-3 guys missing. I would be fairly confident the club will be reviewing their procedures here. To not do so seems extremely negligent of them.

Recent Topics