Woods

• I have only seen NRL stats and currently watching delayed on TV now, but how good is Our Woodsy ? He deserves his own thread here

The stats show 189 Metres and 51 tackles!! Amazing.

I know those stats may change, but either way, he’s ran for 150+ metres and 40 + tackles - That is incredible stats for Aaron.

Congrats Woodsy… You led our pack today

• Yep, he’s awesome to say the least

• Banned

SOO performance by woods

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Class act. Great effort. Probably the best prop in the nrl. How he isn’t picked for SOO is beyond me.

• he has matured from just doing the little things right- he’s developed an agressive brand of football. if a person beats him once, he goes back to tackle him harder rather than sit on his backside.

in saying that, again, i thought still a couple of times he overran the dummyhalf pass and could’ve easily been forward and still is giving away at least a couple of silly penalties. it’s good that the coaching staff has seen that and hopefully he can rectify it.

great game- a future © for sure.

• @ashman:

I have only seen NRL stats and currently watching delayed on TV now, but how good is Our Woodsy ? He deserves his own thread here

I know those stats may change, but either way, he’s ran for 150+ metres and 40 + tackles - That is incredible stats for Aaron.

Mate I’m a Huge woods fan,
    But not enough aggression, and too many penalties,
    I want him in my origin team, however, it was between him and fifita, and fifita is more aggressive, and unfortunately for woods has been in a winning team.

• Banned

He is real quality isn’t he. I think he may be the best prop in the game.

• Puts his head down and burrows forward. Thats doing his job and doing it dam well.

He has really stepped up for us in a time of real need. Goes to show his leadership qualities.
    Maybe Blair should learn a thing or 2 from Woodsy.

• Banned

It’s just plain wrong that Woods hasn’t been given a chance at Origin yet. I reckon he would become the cornerstone of the NSW pack, just like Petero was for QLD.

• Avery very very good player, he will get his chance. A great player for such a young bloke.

• @phil1986:

@ashman:

I have only seen NRL stats and currently watching delayed on TV now, but how good is Our Woodsy ? He deserves his own thread here

I want him in my origin team, however, it was between him and fifita, and fifita is more aggressive, and unfortunately for woods has been in a winning team.

Spot on. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone but He needs to be more aggressive to get selected for origin

• Banned

@Guest:

@phil1986:

@ashman:

Spot on. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone but He needs to be more aggressive to get selected for origin

Petero wasn’t really regarded as an aggressive prop either, but he was always first chosen for QLD.

• @phil1986:

@ashman:

Same conversation I had earlier.

Has footwork
    Has offload
    Has no aggression…

Great club man week in week out, can’t see a long term future in origin unless he shows some mongrel.

• @tigerbalm:

@phil1986:

@ashman:

Has footwork
    Has offload
    Has no aggression…

Great club man week in week out, can’t see a long term future in origin unless he shows some mongrel.

Agree completely,

Love the bloke,

But needs some mongrel, to be a success at the next lvl,

I personally think he will go well, but he needs to show he is ready, with dominating other players physically,

Making a tackle although try saving isn’t enough.

• @tigerbalm:

@phil1986:

@ashman:

Has footwork
    Has offload
    Has no aggression…

Wrong… you dont need to be aggressive to make it to SOO… Is Farah aggressive? No, just hard working with the right work ethics.

For so long Ennis was regarded a better fit for SOO over Farah for his mongrel traits, look who is playing No 9 for NSW…

Wake up people, Aggression is not a requirement to be successful in Rugby League. Its an illusion…

Recent Topics