Does Benji Practice Kicking ?

• Imagine how good the Tigers would be if Benji actually learnt how to kick. His poor kicking disadvantages the side constantly and has been for years. I know we won but did it the hard way.

• I’ve said this for a long time but his kicking game is atrocious.

• this is why we need to shift sirro to the back row, 11 or 12 and brooks to 7. But salary cap pressures and the fact luke is still so young has prevented us thusfar.

Next year will be a lot better in this regard with Brooks taking all long kicks along with farah and then benji/farah can coordinate inside the 20 for short kicks and passing game.

• @pHyR3:

this is why we need to shift sirro to the back row, 11 or 12 and brooks to 7. But salary cap pressures and the fact luke is still so young has prevented us thusfar.

Next year will be a lot better in this regard with Brooks taking all long kicks along with farah and then benji/farah can coordinate inside the 20 for short kicks and passing game.

inside the 20 is the last place you want benji kicking.
    we are trying to close out the game and he is putting up bombs.
    total lack of football iq.
    put him 30 out and he puts in nothing kicks straight down the wingers throat.

was funny when sterlo was having a go at benji for his poor kicks and gould never says a word.
    then we get the genius of johns analysis.

• Banned

Benji’s kicking game was awful tonight. We got lucky that the Panthers’ kicking game fell apart in the 2nd half.

• needs a kicking coach

• @bonstonker:

was funny when sterlo was having a go at benji for his poor kicks and gould never says a word.
    then we get the genius of johns analysis.

Johns’ comments were unbelievable, I almost pissed myself laughing.

“Watch him step up in this last 20”. Marshall couldn’t close out a game to save his life and should be banned from kicking in general play.

• it improved…

• Uhm, if he can’t kick, can’t take on the line, can’t run, can’t tackle…what exactly is his current value to the team???
    Quite frankly our young guns today were a class act, once again benji was found wanting, at present the team is carrying him, IMHO

• We missed the kicking of our hooker today.

• O.K. WT have a good alternative kicker in Anasta. Also Farah when he returns. It would be better for Benji to instead just concentrate on his linking and running game

• god srsly, his kicking game was not bad at all today. thought this was one of his better kicking games.

my problem is that he CAN do good kicking yet is not consistent at all.

he found open space heaps of times. some of his kicks were very close to be 40/20s

on a sidenote: i think a smart move by the tigers today was that they let sirro take the first kick- thought that really did put the doubt in the opposition’s mind whether or not he’s our only option. clever play i though

• Banned

His kicking game was fantastic. Some posters obviously aren’t watching the game or are simply listening to the trollop on Channel 9.

Benji’s kicking game was one of the huge factors in that game and is a key reason why we won.

• Too me he just looks way past his best. His kicking game has always more miss then hit. A game like today i expected him to be the most dangerous player on the field in a game full of reserve graders. I didn’t see that. Where is his running game he keeps talking about. It’s time to cut our losses in 18 months and say thanks for the memories Benji.

• @stevetiger:

His kicking game was fantastic. Some posters obviously aren’t watching the game or are simply listening to the trollop on Channel 9.

Benji’s kicking game was one of the huge factors in that game and is a key reason why we won.

This is a bizarre comment. On my observations of the game, he put in one ‘reasonable’ kick. The rest was somewhere on a scale of between very ordinary to absolute rubbish.

Recent Topics