Implications For Salary Cap Out of Todays Game

• I think this afternoons game and this year of injuries places Wests Tigers in a unique position to really manage their salary cap better.

We can easily afford to try and move Moltzen on, Meaney, Simona, Nof & Tedesco are all superior options.

We can also afford to thin our top line back rower stock with the kids we have coming through.

There is a real chance to build something and still get a few more established prudent buys as well.

Important times ahead

• Banned

If we are talking value for money a couple of players stand out. Moltzen has to go. Blair is a waste of cap space and I thought he played well today.

• yep… I truly feel we should be shopping Moltzen, Blair and Lawrence or Ayshford around… the kids are the future, hell they are even the present in most cases and the extra cash to lock them up would surely be handy.

• How many players do you blokes want to get rid of, How much would it cost us. You people say shop them around, they have contracts or dont you understand.

• @Black’n’White:

yep… I truly feel we should be shopping Moltzen, Blair and Lawrence or Ayshford around… the kids are the future, hell they are even the present in most cases and the extra cash to lock them up would surely be handy.

Unfortunately our great coach Potter ranks those 4 as our best players.
    Moltzen was preferred ahead of Tedesco
    Blair never gets dropped.
    And it looks like Lawrence and Ayshford will just come back in NRL not NSW cup.

I wouldn’t be recommending to any of the young players to rush into resigning until things change at the recruitment level.

• @Black’n’White:

yep… I truly feel we should be shopping Moltzen, Blair and Lawrence or Ayshford around… the kids are the future, hell they are even the present in most cases and the extra cash to lock them up would surely be handy.

All honesty, I believe at least one centre will need to go, ayshford or lawernce, that is due to the over wheeling outside backs,

Lawerence, ayshford, simona, reddy, koro, utai, lote, nofo, and also Richards coming back.

So one of the bigger salaried centers will be on the outer, also

I think competition had finally been brought forward in our backrow we have so many young fellas coming through, and also we have so many to come back from injury.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• it will be very hard to just “Sell” blair, lawrence and moltzen. we signed them when they were at the peak- blair (VC) of his nation, lawrence on the cusp of origing selection (test rep) and actually not sure about moltzen. wherever we sell them, we’ll be paying a lot of their salary most probably. probably better to keep them on for depth rather than sell them imo

• @stevetiger:

If we are talking value for money a couple of players stand out. Moltzen has to go. Blair is a waste of cap space and I thought he played well today.

Blair did nothing as usual and was steamrolled front on by Mose Mosoe for the Panthers second try.

• Nothing seems to inspire Blair.
    His coach talked him up this week but NO more of the same crap against Penrith.
    Tallis had a go at but him but NO more of the same crap the week after that.

Does he even care ?

• @Irvine:

Nothing seems to inspire Blair.
    His coach talked him up this week but NO more of the same crap against Penrith.
    Tallis had a go at but him but NO more of the same crap the week after that.

Does he even care ?

You can’t motivate an oxygen thief.

• it’ll be a joke if lawry or aysh waltz back in and take Simona’s spot.
    outrageous.

• @Irvine:

@Black’n’White:

Unfortunately our great coach Potter ranks those 4 as our best players.
    Moltzen was preferred ahead of Tedesco
    Blair never gets dropped.
    And it looks like Lawrence and Ayshford will just come back in NRL not NSW cup.

I wouldn’t be recommending to any of the young players to rush into resigning until things change at the recruitment level.

Moltzen was playing BETTER than tedesco and with a lot better talking from the fullback. Now that Tedesco has improved that facet of his game moltzen won’t be getting the jumper back but Moltz was finally putting in 100% and the better player got the fullback jumper. And Tedesco wasn’t exactly setting the world alight in NSW Cup before playing NRL either.

Blair is worth 1 million over the next 2 years so if we want to sell him he HAS to play 1st grade. Who is gonna pick up him up if the powerhouse of the NRL, the Tigers, drop him? Gotta market him well and make use of the 500k a year we pay him. The board and CEO are probably hamstringing him in that regard as they are responsible for the financial aspect of the club.

You have no idea what will happen with those two. I’d expect one of em to make the NRL side given the koro is now out, and if nofo is also out it’s understanable that both return to NRL. Also, Ayshford was playing decently before his injury. 100m a game is not that bad.

• We must be getting very close to the cap, similiar to penrith, th differnce is Penrith have 1/2 of a 1st grade squad in reserves, where as we have the 20’s guys. The young guys would be cheaper. We will have to wait and see. I must say, I am so glad Matt Moylan didn’t play, he would have carved us up.

Recent Topics