Marika Koroibete injury update

• Courtesy of the official Wests Tigers website:

Wests Tigers

Sunday 9 June 2013 5:56 PM

Wests Tigers winger Marika Koroibete will be out for six weeks with an elbow injury.

Koroibete (pictured) suffered a dislocated right elbow in the 20-18 victory over Penrith Panthers at Centrebet Stadium today after trying to fend off a defender. The elbow was put back into place on the field by Club doctor Donald Kuah.

Fellow winger David Nofoaluma will have scans tomorrow to assess an ankle injury.

Wests Tigers have 12 established first grade players out through injury. Coach Mick Potter is hoping to have James Tedesco, Chris Lawrence and Blake Ayshford back for next Monday night’s away match against Brisbane.

• Lawrence does not deserve to walk back into the side

• Banned

@smeghead:

Lawrence does not deserve to walk back into the side

Put it this way. Simona won us that game and deserves to stay.

• @smeghead:

Lawrence does not deserve to walk back into the side

Agree, but given Koro is now out and Nofo looked to be in trouble, he will. I’d stick him on the wing, less to think about in defence and he can just focus on running the ball.

• He was rubbish before his injury and we will put him straight in against Hodges? We are special

• If lawrence and ayshford are both back next week i’d be playing ayshford/reddy in the centres and simona left wing with lawrence playing state cup. Ayshford has outplayed lawrence in every game this year and deserves a spot ahead of lawrence. Ideally neither would be playing first grade as I believe they need to earn their spots back. However, with the injuries we need experience in the back to combat the youth and inexperience of siro, simona and nofa

• Simons has been improving each week and today was his best with that match winning try. I’m not sure either Lawrence or Ayshford were outplaying either Simona or Reddy this season.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Simona >
    Wouldn’t drop him for either.

• Players have to earn their spot. There was a positive to all the injuries!!!

• Good speed Marika :sign:

• yeh good luck to him. he’s been hit by a couple of injuries this year. hope in the meantime he watches some tapes of his performances- look at what has been working, where he has gotten wrong etc. he’s still very raw

• If Nofoaluma is out he should be replaced by Rory Brien. Lawrence can’t run or twist very well and besides it affecting his speed it has reduced his tackling ability (check tries scored against us on our left wing early in the season). Second choice for left wing would be Ayshford. .

• Nayaravoro should get a run before Brien, even Fine should get a run before Brien hell I’d take Akoula or Meaney on the wing before Brien.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• we have heaps of options. even with nofo and koro out

tedeco at full back . meaney and reddy on the wings and aysh, simona in the centres
    no need to bring in brien, mr.t, fine etc.

• We are under serious cap pressure, don’t know if Potter will want to blood another rookie, Big T has probably earned a callup but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Meaney move to the wing. He certainly did enough to impress yesterday.

Recent Topics