Throwing it around

• Today looked like the first time this season that we were as a side prepared to throw the ball around a bit and get it out to the backs.
    Is that the reason we won? Thoughts?

• Completely, play to our strengths, especially with so many out!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Being down 18-4 had a lot to do with it I’d say, but yes it was nice for a change.

• Everyone else seemed to throw the ball wide except for Iosefa who just tossed the ball to a player within meters of him killing the attack with no penetration in the center.
    We looked good on the fringes.
    Bit of a loss with Koro out as there is pace dead from that wing.

• I think a lot of that was down to Anasta it makes a difference having someone playing in the centres who can pass, create , etc. He created and drove most of what happened out their today

• @Boonboon2:

I think a lot of that was down to Anasta it makes a difference having someone playing in the centres who can pass, create , etc. He created and drove most of what happened out their today

Agree buddy,
    Anasta and Blair around the middle if the ruck instead of wide, was better IMO!

• Anasta played left centre has soon as koro got hurt. He was nowhere near the middle of the field.

• @Pokies:

Anasta played left centre has soon as koro got hurt. He was nowhere near the middle of the field.

you are right but he did get a lot involved once the switch was made.
    It was as if he had got more space to work with, between him and simona they ran a bit of a muck towards the later part of 2nd half.

• @Love the WestsTigers:

Everyone else seemed to throw the ball wide except for Iosefa who just tossed the ball to a player within meters of him killing the attack with no penetration in the center.

Maybe by playing tight for a few early tackles draws the D in a bit opening it up for us to go expansive late in the set?

• @innsaneink:

@Love the WestsTigers:

Everyone else seemed to throw the ball wide except for Iosefa who just tossed the ball to a player within meters of him killing the attack with no penetration in the center.

Maybe by playing tight for a few early tackles draws the D in a bit opening it up for us to go expansive late in the set?

I dont mind the idea but some of the layups and passes from Iosefa made me go OMG. He just gave it to a bloke who was flat footed and hardly anyone running a line.
    Those hospital passes really put me off as the idea behind them is to throw the ball so you dont get belted.

But you are right, with the way woodsy is going through the middle with determination its not a bad idea playing there, as long as its not every play.

• If we are struggling up the middle, we should throw it around. 2 things will happen, 1. we will score trys out wide and beat dfenses, and 2. you will take away the compressed defense that they all use today, and spread them out making line breaks easier. Damn, maybe I should try coaching?

• Maybe not so much throwing it around but mixing it up is great. Our attack has become so predictable 2012/2013

• @Love the WestsTigers:

geeezzz
    he is a hooker.
    he isnt meant to throw 25m passess from dummy half to the winger.
    farah hasnt exactly penetrated the middle of the ruck for us this year either.

Recent Topics