We don't need any more Centers

• After last nights game I am certain we don’t need to buy any more outside backs. I can live with

1. Tedesco
    2. Koroibete
    3. Richards
    4. Nofoaluama
    5. Simona

That will only get better with experience and if Potter is smart enough to keep it like that for the rest of the year with Ayshford or Reddy for Richards then I think we would be able to match it with the big guns next year. That effort by Simona is deserving to be kept in first grade for this week at least. In the post match interview it sounded like alot of the players will be dropped for the returning ones and if this does happen I would hope for Potter to get the boot. Cleary kept Mansour and Naiqama out until they needed them. Seems like Potter is selecting on reputations, remember your as good as your last game.

• @Milky:

After last nights game I am certain we don’t need to buy any more outside backs. I can live with

1. Tedesco
    2. Koroibete
    3. Richards
    4. Nofoaluama
    5. Simona

That will only get better with experience and if Potter is smart enough to keep it like that for the rest of the year with Ayshford or Reddy for Richards then I think we would be able to match it with the big guns next year. That effort by Simona is deserving to be kept in first grade for this week at least. In the post match interview it sounded like alot of the players will be dropped for the returning ones and if this does happen I would hope for Potter to get the boot. Cleary kept Mansour and Naiqama out until they needed them. Seems like Potter is selecting on reputations, remember your as good as your last game.

I think the second tier salary cap will determine the make up of the team this week with a player like Simonia being a fall guy

• @supercoach:

@Milky:

After last nights game I am certain we don’t need to buy any more outside backs. I can live with

1. Tedesco
    2. Koroibete
    3. Richards
    4. Nofoaluama
    5. Simona

Simona was part of the 25.

I think the second tier salary cap will determine the make up of the team this week with a player like Simonia being a fall guy

• reddy is not contracted for next year however im pretty sure simona got resigned this year for a couple more aysh and lawrence are on long term contracts… bodene can play centre at a pinch… not sure about brien’s contract but you would think he would’ve at least been signed on for a couple of years.

unless we can offload aysh or lawrence (simona wont get many takers imo), i think reddy might be the one to miss out

• Chris Lawrence ‏@chrislawrence04 1h
    Finally out of a moon boot, feels weird wearing a normal size shoe again.

Wouldn’t think Chris would be back nxt week if only got out of boot today?

• @snowleopard:

Chris Lawrence ‏@chrislawrence04 1h

Doesn’t sound likely, you couldn’t take him into a game underdone either

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• @snowleopard:

They don’t put you in a moonboot for a torn hammie do they?

• @cqtiger:

@snowleopard:

No

• @Anonymous:

@cqtiger:

@snowleopard:

No

Now fit the other foot with a moon boot.

• @supercoach:

@Milky:

1. Tedesco
    2. Koroibete
    3. Richards
    4. Nofoaluama
    5. Simona

I thought Simons was top 25 so second tier cap shouldn’t apply to him.

• @cqtiger:

@snowleopard:

He suffered a subsequent ankle injury at training.

• Still not sold on simona. Will be interesting next year. I believe Reddy has done a great job for us all year, credit to the man. Maybe re-sign for 1 year as backup. He desrves some payback for his efforts in 2012 and 2013.

• @Shooshmeister:

Still not sold on simona. Will be interesting next year. I believe Reddy has done a great job for us all year, credit to the man. Maybe re-sign for 1 year as backup. He desrves some payback for his efforts in 2012 and 2013.

I agree,Reddy is a rock,he deserves to be in the team,he has tried every game,unlike some others.

• Trouble for me is I only see Reddy as a centre. If he’s not under consideration there then his chances fall away. His performances on the wing have been okay. In the centres though he’s been far better and getting better with each game. I think the only two guaranteed spots in the back line next season are Richards and Nofoaluma. The rest will depend on the make up that best fits.

Richards and Nofoaluma can both play centre or wing at a pinch. My thinking believes that Richards will occupy a centre spot initially. Nofoaluma should stay on the wing for 2014 as he develops further. Playing off a Lawrence/Ayshford or Richards should create plenty of ball for speedy wingers such as Koro or Nofa. That is why I would opt for Richards in the centres. If Koro isn’t going to nail down a spot I believe Lawrence is the next in line. His previous experience helps a lot and so does his strength and power. Remember neither Tuiaki or Utai were speedsters but also VERY effective finishers. Lawry is more than capable of the same. So my first choice backline would be:

2. Nofoaluma
    3. Ayshford
    4. Richards
    5. Koroibete
    OR
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Ayshford
    4. Richards
    5. Lawrence

Reddy’s future at the club becomes a mystery to me. For me he is nothing more than a back up centre for us. Koro, Nofa, Pat, Lawry and Simona all appear better fits for the wing. Whilst in the centres his chance increase, he still sits behind Richards and Ayshford for me. Lawry too is probably a better fit IF he regains some confidence defensively. Simona too offers greater scope in potential. Nofoaluma can also play centre too A lot may depend on Potters views on his younger players development. Do Simona, Nofoaluma and Koroibete fill him with the confidence to let a reliable and experienced, yet not flashy type in Reddy move on?? One thing’s for sure. It’s won’t be an easy decision to make.

• Agree, it will be a tough call. He would be letting Reddy go, a guy that puts in each week, whilst others don’t. I not a huge fan of Reddy, ok at best, but he is cinsistent and very solid in defense. A hard call, just as hard as Lawrebce and where he will play.

Recent Topics