Lawrence

• what are the chances of potter shifting lawrence out of the centres?

i really like the way he operates (especially in comparison to sheens) when it comes to putting players on notice and giving youngsters a crack.

whilst chris has been hampered by injuries which has effected the way he plays, he just hasnt been up to it when playing this year.

i’d like to see a shuffle, maybe wing, maybe from the bench into a backrow position.

thoughts?

• Banned

yawn….are we there yet?

• @alexaki:

yawn….are we there yet?

i know.
    he should have done it already.

• Should come back through reggies after so long out

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• He reads play well, but he struggles for pace in the centres, shifting to the wing isn’t the best move. He isn’t big enough to be a wrecking ball type winger.

Reggies until he gets either some match fitness or we suffer (yet another) injury.

• He will be picked if fit and it will be in the centre’s

• I’m one who would advocate a move to the wing for sure. Reddy has to stay at centre imo. He’s been improving with each week there. Ayshford deserves the other centre spot ahead of Lawry and with Koro out and Nofa unlikely, I see this as the best fit for the team. I’d be lining up with for this week:

1.Tedesco
    2.Simona
    3.Reddy
    4.Ayshford
    5.Lawrence

• Unless needed, Reggies to get his fitness up and then prove on form that he deserves his spot back. I love Lawrence, but he is leaking points each game and hodges will tear him apart.

• Hodges vs Ayshford or Rowdy take your pick.
    100% fit Rowdy > anyone in our team any day of the week at centre. You get the feeling something happened after that Eels game because he looked to be on the way up. I really don’t think you can solely blame him for as many leaked tries as you guys carry on about. He’s had Tedesco and Koro next to him who are pretty big liabilities in defence whatever way you look at it. Needs to play at 100%.

Not even sure if he’ll be back this week.

• Potter is quoted as saying Ayshford is the most likely to be ready for Boncos. Fulton and Lawrence are still under some doubt.

Doc reckons Farah doesn’t look likely.

• @LaT:

He reads play well, but he struggles for pace in the centres, shifting to the wing isn’t the best move. He isn’t big enough to be a wrecking ball type winger.

Reggies until he gets either some match fitness or we suffer (yet another) injury.

Reads the play well ? Don’t you remember him rushing up and leaving his winger exposed ? The team plays a slide defence until Lawrence learns what that involves we can’t afford him in the team.

• @Irvine:

@LaT:

He reads play well, but he struggles for pace in the centres, shifting to the wing isn’t the best move. He isn’t big enough to be a wrecking ball type winger.

Reads the play well ? Don’t you remember him rushing up and leaving his winger exposed ? The team plays a slide defence until Lawrence learns what that involves we can’t afford him in the team.

He seems to have a problem sliding.

• We all know in full flight and his prime rowdy used to stop players in their tracks in D.
    He used to put so many on their backs at first contact and single handedly too.
    I agree he has lost a lot in attack due to injuries but with Defence the only problem he is having right now is positional play. He is way out of position way too often making some very questionable calls. Once he sorts his defence out he will be a Very valuable player again for us.

• @Anthism:

Hodges vs Ayshford or Rowdy take your pick.
    100% fit Rowdy > anyone in our team any day of the week at centre. You get the feeling something happened after that Eels game because he looked to be on the way up. I really don’t think you can solely blame him for as many leaked tries as you guys carry on about. He’s had Tedesco and Koro next to him who are pretty big liabilities in defence whatever way you look at it. Needs to play at 100%.

Not even sure if he’ll be back this week.

That’s a good observation mate. I thought Lawry started the season well too, that Parra game in particular his confidence was up. Since then he hasn’t played a game near that level. I remember hearing when he did the hammy that he may spend longer on the sideline due to a foot injury he’d been carrying, which is obviously the case due to the moon boot. So I think it will be worth watching Lawrence over the next month, once he gets some match fitness back, weather we then may see a better player return. Won’t expect much in the first few games back as he’s not been able to run till this week. So his levels will be down. Give him a month, say by the end of the origin series.

• @Irvine:

@LaT:

Yes, he reads the play well. He didn’t magically lose all footy nouse.

He is a smart player. The fact he struggles laterally and seems to have lost speed won’t change that.

Recent Topics