Should or halves stay the Same?

Should our halves stay the same? Big decision to be made, the club has got to make a decision soon. I am talking in about 4 years so keep in mind Benji and Farah won’t be here. We have to decide between

1. Tedesco
6. Moses
7. Brooks
9. N/A
11. Sironen

1. Tedesco
6. Brooks
7. Sironen
9. Moses

1. Tedesco
6. Moses
7. Sironen
9. Brooks

I am a fan of 1 and 2 to be honest. Sironen is going well in the halves and we can’t have Moses and Brooks brought in at the same time in the halves. We will either have to lose Moses’s running game or Brook’s kicking game if Siro stays in 7. Thoughts.

You’re talking in 4 years time? You really want to predict who we’ll have on the playing roster by then…good luck to you.

If we weren’t going to bring Moses & brooks in at the same time I’d go with…

1. Teddy
6. Siro
7. Brooks
9. ??

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

@willow:

You’re talking in 4 years time? You really want to predict who we’ll have on the playing roster by then…good luck to you.

Nah man it is not that, I am worried if we lose one of the 3. We need to keep these 4 guys and build our team around them.

@Milky:

@willow:

Nah man it is not that, I am worried if we lose one of the 3. We need to keep these 4 guys and build our team around them.

All well and good but talking in 4 years time…A lot can happen in that time.

I would not waste Brooks at 6 or 9. He is one the first proper halfbacks we’ve had come through for a while, not counting Miller, so he should play nowhere else but half.

6. Moses
7. Brooks
11. Siro

Like Willow said though, 4 years is a long time

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

4 years is a long time. Siro may have moved to the backrow by then.

Your mind ticks over time Milky. Don’t give up your day job lol. I say that with all due respect 4 or so years is massive in terms of organising a team from now

Haha another naming a side thread.

These are getting so boring it isnt funny. With our history of injuries, it would be folly to predict our side in round 20 of this year….let alone in 4 years time.

@stryker:

Haha another naming a side thread.

These are getting so boring it isnt funny. With our history of injuries, it would be folly to predict our side in round 20 of this year….let alone in 4 years time.

Poster is fond of naming team lists.
Similair to an old regular… BenjiMagic was it?
Strange really… ❓

I don’t know what the halves will be in 4 years time.

Spot on Stryker, I wouldnt name next weeks team let alone one in four years.

Trying to figure out whats happening next year is one thing, 2015 is stretching it. But 2018??

In any case, I want moses brooks combo pretty soon (late next year or the year after) unless benji kicks on this year.

Picking our side week to week is a big enough drama

I think the bigger question to answer first is where to play Sironen long term?

I thought he was out of his league playing in the halves only a month ago but he has shown some good signs with more games. The jury is still out for me as I haven’t seen his top speed or much of his attacking kicking game. I can’t see him staying at halfback for his career but he could be a 5/8 in the mould of Terry Campese or does he go into the back row?

I’d imagine Potter is taking it week by week this year and we’ll most likely see him playing 7 for the entire 2013 season and Mick won’t be looking too far ahead at this stage.

Would be nice to see Brooks given a couple of games at 7 at the back end of the season with Benji at 6 and Sirro in the back row to gauge that combination.

Funnily enough Rd 13, 2009 we also played Penrith. Our team was:

1. Moltzen
2. Tuaki
3. Ayshford
4. Halatau
5. Ryan
6. Morris
7. Benji
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Skandalis
11. Payten
12. Heighington
13. Payne

14. Hanbury
15. Galea
16. Laurie
17. Mataka

Only one member of that team ran out in the corresponding game 4 years later. Only 3 more are still playing with the club.

Have fun with your predictions! Let me know what your lottery numbers are for this week too

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.