Rumour Barba & Maitua

• From sportal.com.au
    Wests Tigers just may have a crack at Bulldogs star fullback Ben Barba. Barba is being hunted by several Queensland clubs but we hear the Tigers may soon join the queue. The Tigers haven’t had a regular fullback since Brett Hodgson left for Super League. Barba would fit the fill beautifully if he decides to leave Belmore. And he may have a new team-mate at Concord - Parramatta co-captain Reni Maitua.

What do we think if this is true?

• I prefer the idea of Tedesco being our fulltime fullback tbh. As for Reni, no thanks.

So I hope this isn’t true. Funny how you win a few games and all the rumours turn into players wanting to come to the tigers. 6 weeks ago it was rumours of players wanting to leave.

• Pass…. We have better options already here. Barba is a flash in the pan… I doubt he’ll even be in the NRL in 5 years

• No no no no!

This is not directed at you Rob86a, but why has everyone forgotten about Tedesco? The guy has played well in a really bad line-up and hasn’t even hit top form yet. He’s going to be a superstar. And there are others on here saying Meaney should keep his fullback spot… sure he had a solid game, but come on.

As for Maitua, I’ll have him for this season if that’s possible. But as many people have already said, we already have enough light backrowers.

• @Justo:

I prefer the idea of Tedesco being our fulltime fullback tbh. As for Reni, no thanks.

So I hope this isn’t true. Funny how you win a few games and all the rumours turn into players wanting to come to the tigers. 6 weeks ago it was rumours of players wanting to leave.

I agree with you on both fronts. Thought we had enough back rowers In the club. I want teddy as our long term fb. Just funny how the whispers start once you win a few games. The best was George rose coming ><

• Sign him, I am all for it…release Benji and play him at 5/8. He played well at 5/8 for the dogs in Toyota Cup and his debut season.

• @Justo:

I prefer the idea of Tedesco being our fulltime fullback tbh. As for Reni, no thanks.

:roll
    LOL

• No. Wests Tigers need to buy players which (a) slot into the positions which need strengthening and (b) fit easily into the club’s culture. Neither Barba nor Maitua meet these requirements. On a similar matter, has there been any official confirmation yet from Wests Tigers regarding there supposedly latest recruit, the prop forward from Bulldogs?

• @Milky:

Sign him, I am all for it…release Benji and play him at 5/8. He played well at 5/8 for the dogs in Toyota Cup and his debut season.

I thought you were pushing for Brooks at five eighth?

• Im a Teddy fan but how could you say no to Barba.

That would be awesome.

• Im not sure why people are so against Benny Barba coming to this club, for me he is a player in the mould of our 2005 team, he plays with the same vision and i think his presence could reignite Marshall. I agree Tedesco has a strong future but as he proved at the start of the season he is an equally adept winger. I think we could accommodate both you’d potentially be looking at a 2014 squad of:

1. Barba
    2. Tedesco
    3. Richards
    4. Nofo
    5. Koro
    6. Marshall
    7. Brooks
    8. Woods
    9. Farah
    10. Galloway
    11. Sironen
    12. Fulton
    13. Anasta

14. Sue
    15. Taupau
    16. Lawrence
    17. Buchanan

18. Simona
    19. BMM
    20. Pettybourne
    21. Ava S
    22. Thompson
    23. Ayshford
    24. Farlow
    25. Reddy

Im working on the assumption or hope that Utai, Tuquiri, Moltzen and Blair are shown the door
    Moses to stay in NYC/NSW and be brought up as recquired

• It’s a stupid rumour. Absolute trash. However I would jump at the chance to sign Barba. It would be harsh on Teddy because the club has a lot of faith in him but if Barba were available for the right price, you’d be crazy to knock it back. I know there are issues with him mentally but if things are sound on that front then why not?? Not a priority for us though and would rather we were looking elsewhere. Pretty sure we are looking elsewhere.

• @JPPretzel:

1. Barba
    2. Tedesco
    3. Richards
    4. Nofo
    5. Koro
    6. Marshall
    7. Brooks

I really like that backline……ridiculous speed and strikepower

• Pros:

*Almost at career best
    *Man is made of steel never gets injured (knock on wood)
    *Lead a team to the grand final
    *Can cover Fullback, Wing, Center, Five Eighth, Halfback and Hooker
    *Part of his salary would be in Bulldogs cap until end of 2015
    *Help develop Teddy
    *Bulldogs shopping him around to get Falou so would be right price

Cons:

*Hold back Teddy if played at fullback

• @simonthetiger:

@JPPretzel:

1. Barba
    2. Tedesco
    3. Richards
    4. Nofo
    5. Koro
    6. Marshall
    7. Brooks

I really like that backline……ridiculous speed and strikepower

Same here but would be stupid to leave Simona out…

Recent Topics