We still aren't doing very well

A lot of people seem really confident about Monday’s match and our progress recently, however, I think we need a bit of perspective. In 13 rounds we have beaten penrith twice, nth qld and parra. That is it. We have lost everything else and not a lot of matches have been close.

Our win against penrith was heartening, and easily our best win this year, but penrith did not play particularly well and are not a top 8 team and we only won with a fortunate individual 80 metre try effort.

Our kicking game is bad, our forwards still cannot contain big forward packs, our outside backs rarely threaten and we are still pretty sloppy with errors and penalties.

I think, on the positive side, sironen has really improved and he and benji regularly are linking up in attacking plays (which wasnt happening earlier in the year). I also think blair’s move to the front row has been good for the team and nofo has been excellent out wide.

But, there are still plenty of problems and without Farah I give us little chance of beating the Broncos. I’m not saying all this to spoil the party or to have a go at the side, it just seems like all of a sudden everyone is talking top 8, a big finish this year and even potential greatness when, in fact, we have done nothing this year. So I think it best if we all still be pessimistic about the sides chances away to brisbane and there are still massive question marks about the tigers this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

as long as wests-tigers can field a team, anything is possible.
yes at the moment, the team is adapting to overcome some hurdles, they still have spirit and will be heartened by the last two wins. this brings self belief and self confidence, and confidence and belief in each other.

wests-tigers currently have a blend of youthful exuberance and experience, and good results will continue.
whether they are consistent, well who knows.

Look with what has happened this season so far I think we are going pretty well

If a few blokes like Marshall and Lawrence could find some form and the forwards keep aiming up the team could possibly turn this season around

If we can manage to pull off a win v the Broncos on Monday the confidence this will instill in the young blokes will be huge and with a few name players starting to come back and with competition for positions (finally ) things could get brighter for the fans in 2013

The Broncos aren’t a good Monday night team either

Can’t look back cause it ain’t good I agree. Taking into consideration injuries and we have a new coach well it was expected. We are starting to gel the young cubs are showing some real fight and challenge some of the returning injured players for their spot. Potter is experimenting but showing some real signs of strength the culture is changing.Yeah bring on the Broncos and look forward to some rewarding times

Looking at the team we trotted out against qld and penrith, it’s a minor miracle we have four wins.

That said, if Ayshford hadn’t knocked on against both the broncs and dragons with the try line in sight we mite well have six wins (not a knock on aysh btw, he just happened to be the man backing up both times)

Our forwards make good metres these days, but opposition packs are just walking over us.

Things are looking up on a few weeks ago but I think most people know we aren’t doing very well.

Can do worse.

\

Things are looking up on a few weeks ago but I think most people know we aren’t doing very well.

Well said.

Yeah but if we can find a way to win this Monday at Suncorp will gives a lot of confidence to take on Canberra at home & if our team gets a win there it will be a packed house on Saturday night against the Storm at Leichhardt.

if the roll continues & more experienced players coming back it will give the team greater confidence to tackle the Sharks at Shark Park & a win there will takes into the bye with 20 pts &'only having to win 4 of our last 8 games to make the 8.

Dare to Dream Watersider , as there is still a lot of footy to be played yet & our luck this year is only been bad , and can only get better

@Aladinsane:

Yeah but if we can find a way to win this Monday at Suncorp will gives a lot of confidence to take on Canberra at home & if our team gets a win there it will be a packed house on Saturday night against the Storm at Leichhardt.

if the roll continues & more experienced players coming back it will give the team greater confidence to tackle the Sharks at Shark Park & a win there will takes into the bye with 20 pts &'only having to win 4 of our last 8 games to make the 8.

Dare to Dream Watersider , as there is still a lot of footy to be played yet & our luck this year is only been bad , and can only get better

this is what worries me
imagine if simona continues his good form than we put him back down in state cup for a returing chris lawrence whos done nothing all year :crazy

Just make sure that the injured players coming back are not automatically included. They have to justify their place in the team, they have to earn it back like the incumbe 😆 nt.

Im not looking to far ahead.I just want them to beat the Boncos. Im taking my 6yr & 8yr old boys to their first Tigers game. And would love it to be win. Go the Tigers.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.