How many times have we had multiple Origin participants?

• I can’t think of any other times ever that WT had more than one participant in Origin?

• Maybe Prince/Hodgo about 2006? Have to check the records though.

EDIT: Nope, only Hodgo played Origin in 2006.

• Banned

I think you’re right LaT. I certainly can’t remember a better representation of Tigers’ players in Origin at one time and to think, we’re near last on the ladder! lol

• Looks like this is the first time as Wests Tigers we have had 2 simultaneous Origin participants!

Thoroughly deserved and hopefully the start of many players earning a call up!

• Geez I thought the title said something else for a sec 😊 😊 😊

• Go tigers in a couple of years we will have at least half a squad there

• And at the worst possible time for us too,any how,all bodes well for the future.

• Banned

OK, trivia time.

In which year (and for the steak knives, which game) did Balmain have 5 players in the SOO team? And who were they?

• @smudge:

OK, trivia time.

In which year (and for the steak knives, which game) did Balmain have 5 players in the SOO team? And who were they?

1985 G3
    Gary Jack, Roach, Elias, Pearce and David Brooks.

EDIT: And Cavill Heugh in the QLD team.

• Pearce Sironen roach Elias brasher. 89? No idea on game though ill guess 3

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Banned

Well done LaT. And I’d forgotten about the Qld impostor!

• In 89ish did Pearce, McGuire, Roach, Sironen, Jack and ELias all play Origin and/or test footy, not sure if they all played in the same game.

I imagine in the early 90’s if we combine Tigers and Wests at some point we could probably have 5 or more “west tigers” in the one game. Elias, Brasher and Sirro were mainstays in the rep sides, and Wests had some good players in that era (Hill, Langmack, Gillespie, Sedaris and more) wonder how many we got into a game for trivia sake.

• Banned

Last year was the closest WT have come to multiple SOO players in the same team. Farrah and the “18th Man” - Woods.

• @LaT:

@smudge:

OK, trivia time.

1985 G3

I think you have it… but Cavill Heugh was not Balmain but Brisbane Easts

• @Tiger_Al:

@LaT:

@smudge:

OK, trivia time.

1985 G3

I think you have it… but Cavill Heugh was not Balmain but Brisbane Easts

No he played Brisbane Easts until 1989 and then went to Illawarra

He costs us the 85 SOO when he missed a simple 1 on 1 on Noel Cleal which set up the winning try

Typical Brisbane Easts player

Recent Topics