Grant Mayer Heading to Wests Tigers Forum

• I asked Grant to post on the forum ala David May from the Titans and got this reply.

Grant Mayer ‏@gcmayer 8h
    @josephcmccord David may was simply following the leader mate. Did it with manly back in 2007. Happy to provide insights when appropriate.

Dunno if he has an account yet but I stalked the Titans forum a bit and May had a great rapport with the Titans fans and I know many Tigers fans have a high opinion of Grant already so it’d be nice to see him chime in on some topics.

There you go Grant. I’ve rolled out the red carpet for you. :sign:

• I’d seen May posting for Titans, it was a great idea.

Probably just end up with a thousand “why don’t you recruit XYZ?”, “why don’t you drop blah blah? Hes been crap all year”, “who are we trying to sign?”, “why aren’t you answering my questions wahhhhhh!”.

As long as people don’t expect full disclosure, its something that can work very well.

Hope he does join us, even if its just to occasionally give us insight and updates, and not to directly answer everything we throw at him.

• May tended to go onto the forums after newsworthy things occurred to give a no nonsense, no media idiocy clarification on the matter. Something like that would be very welcome here I dare say.

• I didn;t think club officials were allowed to provide any direct content to websites other than the special telstra one?
    Isn;t that’s why Cuzzo stopped posting here a few years back when telstra got the deal to set up all the club websites.

• I remember we had a Q&A thing with Sheens on this forum once, around 2004 I think

Worked well….selected questions were answered a bit later on.
    Wether it was actually Sheens doing the talking, who knows…much like this scenario I guess.
    As long as theres not an avalanche of stupid stuff…the odd insight would be great

Softy: Sshhhh

He’ll be incognito 😉

• Good on him if he goes through with it. He strikes me as the kind of guy who will always be open to new avenues. I know on Twitter he’s always placing importance on the relationship between the club and its fans, making sure the club is hearing what their supporters are saying. In that light it wouldn’t surprise me if Grant got in here.

• Oh good stuff mr mayer. He sounds like a top bloke even standing in the rain against the cows, I hope he becomes the CEO his a top operator.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• All for it, he can answer whichever questions he see fit to answer. May clear up all these signings rumours we are constantly getting.

• id just assume that there are officials/players posting under alias’s… better to keep it that way imo.

• @softlaw:

I didn;t think club officials were allowed to provide any direct content to websites other than the special telstra one?
    Isn;t that’s why Cuzzo stopped posting here a few years back when telstra got the deal to set up all the club websites.

David May was posting on the Titans forum up until a week ago so if it’s a “rule” it’s a Tigers specific rule and one of the benefits of being the boss is you make the rules.

• Oh sorry I guess the Titans forum might count as part of the Telstra one since it’s on that domain. Doesn’t actually associate with the rest of the site at all though.

• Officials posting on twitter shouldn’t be that much different to posting on here though.

• @LaT:

Officials posting on twitter shouldn’t be that much different to posting on here though.

At least on here you don’t have to put up with hashtag rubbish making everything difficult to read.

• Great idea. Will be fun

• Yea can’t wait to see if he does join the forum would be great to get some real info some times instead of all hearsay and speculation

Recent Topics