Anasta should be halfback

• This isn’t a go at Siro but Anasta needs to go to halfback mainly to support Benji. Benji should never be a teams main kicking option and I think our best option is Anasta. Anasta should be running this team and let Benji just worry about running the ball and setting up his outside man. Anasta isn’t a back row in defence or attack, he is running the ball up like his Paul Gallen but gets smashed every time. I am happy with how Siro is going but I think he is best off the bench as a utility and back row as he isn’t the man to run this team.

• Banned

Marshall should be playing NSW Cup.

• @hybrid_tiger:

Yes I agree. I think he would improve with a player like Anasta but there is no excuses for this performance. His getting worse.

• Agree, anasta needs to direct play. And kick

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• @jas83:

@hybrid_tiger:

Yes I agree. I think he would improve with a player like Anasta but there is no excuses for this performance. His getting worse.

x3. Anasta and Sirro in the halves. Promote Sue to starting lock and Benji can try and rediscover the concept of running and tackling in State Cup.

• Young sirro is not a halfback ,get him to lock ASAP ,Benji is a dope ,he kicked like there was lead in the ball , and wasn’t smart enough to put the ball in the muddy corner to make it hard for the broncos ,our centres are not first grade standard

• Agree we lack direction and because of it Benji is getting worse.
    We played some of our best footy with Braith at Halfback in saying that having to watch some of the players we have is painful.The Broncos are crap we made them look good with a lack of direction and no kicking game.

• Oxygen…. Benji is the reason we lack direction. He single handedly turned the tone of that game around. I have wiped then flushed more brilliant football minds than Benji.

• Don’t agree with Anasta at half time to blood Brooks Anasta to 5/8

• @tiger jim:

Don’t agree with Anasta at half time to blood Brooks Anasta to 5/8

I disagree with rushing Brooks in. The kid has talent but he is only 18. Let him have a run in state cup and if he continues to stand up than the Nrl for the last 4/5 games. Lets not rush the kid

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• it would be a disaster for brooks to come in now imo. our forward packs will be destroyed each game and i dont think he will be able to do much behind a beaten pack.

this year should be about forming a formidable forward pack that imo is possible with the kids coming in.

let him work off that next year and we will be in with a shot.

rushing him now will only hurt his confidence- it’s fair enough to say “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” and be all hard arse but it wouldn’t be the right decision to blood in a young halfback when the things are as bad as they are with us

• The side had better direction last week and the changes were a stronger fullback and a better back-rower.

Tonight the service from Iosefa was poor and we seemed to be chancing our hand too often.

I think Anasta and Sironen are very similar though if their roles were changed, we should see more of Curtis running it and Anasta organising.

• Marshall is disgrace…fancy wanting an upgrade.
    Sirro isn’t a halfback best combo would be Anasta half and Sirro 5/8.

• Anasta isn’t a halfback either and quite frankly, shouldn’t be anywhere near the halves……but we’re stuffed at the moment, so who knows, he may provide better service there if he does what he’s told to do and just pass the ball.

• Someone needs to be halfback. We didn’t have one last night. That was sub-NRL standard. The Broncos had a training run. We lacked direction and applied absolutely no pressure at the end of a set.

And that chip kick from Marshall before half time that resulted in Brisbane scoring again… I wouldn’t have let him come back on. Brainless, moronic, rubbish.

Recent Topics