Tigers club treats its supporters like dirt

• Banned

Wondering if any other supporters have been treated like dirt by the club lately? Their so called facebook page is controlled by nazis. A regular user during games until some trolls came in and started abusing people (including myself) and thus retaliated and was then banned from ever commenting again even though I was the one being attacked.
    Contacted the club and was treated as total scum.
    Some clown called Grant Mayer replied with some insulting emails and never bothered to even look at what occurred. Was very arrogant and a liar.

This shows exactly what this club has turned into and it is not only the poor on field situation but obviously the clowns running the club are the reason everything has gone down hill fast,

Having supported the tigers for over 40 years I will no longer follow a club that treats its supporters in this way. And the fans wonder why the club is going down hill fast. Not surprising with people like the above mentioned in control.

• Banned

Further to the above, a female friend was also banned on the facebook page for stating " I better not say anything against the teams performance tonight or I might be banned…lol"…and she was then banned…hahahahahahaha
    yep this club is run by losers. Explains why the players and fans are leaving as fast as they can.

• I too have had problems dealing with Grant Mayer in the past.
    I don’t see why people seem to really want him as CEO. Sounds like he responded to you in a similar way to what I got. Any admin at an NRL club that treats their fans this way is not fitting of their position.

• Banned

How about just supporting the boys on the field and leaving Facebook to the kids.

• So ur complaining because u abused someone and got suspended -seems like the club did the right thing

• WTs facebook only wants positive comments, much like the official site.

Criticism isnt an option

• @Boonboon2:

So ur complaining because u abused someone and got suspended -seems like the club did the right thing

yep.

What did Mayer actually say? paraphrase if you want.

• I come here to vent after a poor performance and celebrate after a fine one

Generally a more football savvy and knowledgeable crowd and a more thorough nutting out of the issues.

Not the who is the best supporter wank that is any WT related FB page

• @smeghead:

I come here to vent after a poor performance and celebrate after a fine one

Generally a more football savvy and knowledgeable crowd and a more thorough nutting out of the issues.

Not the who is the best supporter wank that is any WT related FB page

The complaint is about more than just the Facebook page, but about the clubs communication and conduct towards fans.

• I can see that but really I expect it from official pages etc. Never type angry or get into spats. It achieves nothing, denigrates into personal attacks and is a bad look for the club.

I have never had a massive problem because I accept the role the club plays and what they are trying to achieve.

• I agree with you 100% but in the past when I have got in touch with the club (Mayer especially) I have not typed angrily or overly critically but have been given a less than satisfactory response. Replys that are like talking to me as though I am an idiot. And going by Misty’s post I am assuming they are in the same situation.

• Fair enough. I have never had that issue.

It would suck and there is always area for improvement.

Our club still has that insular old school vibe about it as well. The old boys club and protectionist policies towards their players.

Modern, successful clubs are moving away from that

• The official fb page is utter crap. You get so many casual who just click the like button, then stories always pop up on their news feed so they comment, and a lot really don’'t have much idea what they are talking about.

Better off joining supporter made fb pages that have no affiliation to the club. Usually can say what you want provided the page isn’t run by post nazi’s, which is the case for a few. But there are 1 or 2 good ones though.

• so your saying you can just forget about the team you have loved for 40 years ?? thats unbelievable if you can do that. so what social media is stupid who cares its probably run by 20 y.o

• As much as I agree with the crap management of online media, it’s funny this comes out after a loss. Strategic?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Recent Topics