Adam Kidd

NSWRL Media

17/06/2013 5:00:00 PM

NSW VB Blues Vice-Captain, Robbie Farah, has thrown his support around teammate Aaron Woods as he prepares to make his State of Origin debut against Queensland.

Speaking at the Blues media session this morning, Farah insisted that Woods wouldn’t be overawed by the expected ‘hostile’ atmosphere of Suncorp Stadium.

“It’s a tough place to make your debut, but I have no doubts that he’ll handle it,” said Farah.

“He’s been hands down our best forward over the last eighteen months. For a 22-year-old front rower, he’s been playing well above his age and leading our pack week in and week out and he thoroughly deserves his place to come here and join us.”

With injuries to key players including Gareth Ellis, Bryce Gibbs, Matt Groat and Keith Galloway in recent seasons, Farah revealed it had been Woods who had stepped up his game in the absence of his Tigers teammates.

“He’s been the mainstay in our pack for the last few years. We’ve had our fair share of injuries and Woodsy has been there to shoulder the workload and he’s been one of our most consistent and in form players for a long time now.

“He’s a really mature kid for his age… he’s a senior player at our club now and someone that I look to for leadership and I think that says a lot about the type of player and person that he is.

“I couldn’t be any happier or proud of him as a teammate both as a Tiger and here as an Origin player.”

With preparations for game two clouded by injuries to a number of key Blues players, Farah insisted he would do everything he possibly could to be ready to face Queensland.

“I had a running session for the first time yesterday and it felt good.

“I’ll be able to train here with the boys but it will just be a matter of limiting my contact until later in the week and building that up as the week progresses.

‘’I’ve got ten days to go until the game and I’m super confident that I’ll be alright.”

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=77310&title=farah-shows-support-for-woods