In the next few hours....

You think ??? I think he won’t get another contract if this continues.

We will have 1000 posts from 200 members blasting Benji (and deservedly so)

and then….

200 posts from 5 members (who have Benji’s picture framed next to their bedside, with a bottle of hand cream and wet tissues) saying how well he played, how awesome his kicks were, it wasn’t his fault - it was the players around him, there was wasabi in his eyes all nite blah blah

And then in one day…

Potter will name him as starter Captain against the Raiders

And then in one month…

Tigers will sign him up to a record deal

And the next 4 years…

Tigers lose all the promising youngsters and continue to be a shit side who mises finals football

And in 5 years…

Benji will be like Phil Gould - having a gig on TV and also coaching role at the Tigers

:bash

Since he likes being palmed off so much (even by Scotty Prince) might as well send him into the Brisbane showers to palm all the players for a celebratory wank

summed it up very nicely . The guy won’t signed up again surely not .

It’s a good guess and quite amusing, but it seems like the tide is turning and he won’t be re-signed if he doesn’t improve

maybe next year see how he goes with Brooks partnering him and if he doesn’t show any better form, out the door and Moses comes in to partner Brooks

Potter isn’t a fan of Benji….but I don’t think Benji will be able to get the coach sacked this time.

Benji is a part of the fabric of this club. But the fabric is changing and Benji needs to change as a player if he is going to have a future with this club.

Seeing we have a coach and CEO on the same page Marshall won’t be resigned in my opinion

@Peaches:

Benji is a part of the fabric of this club. But the fabric is changing and Benji needs to change as a player if he is going to have a future with this club.

he’s a stain on the fabric.
i ignored what i heard for years from various sources, but the end is near for him at WT.

i Cannot wait until 2015 when two of the biggest wastes of oxygen are out of this joint blair and benji!

haha wet tissues- It will make my year if I see him play reserve grade. Unfortunately injuries may prevent this from happening. Bency lives on.

Benji , I’m afraid is a has been. If we do go ahead and resign him, it should be on our terms not his.I personally think his "use by date "is up.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

As usual massively over the top criticism. …
Benji isn’t going great but this stuff is over the top and people have short memories

Good call Goose. Benji’s defence is shithouse but his attack was fine against the boncos. Give him a break. Maybe get a new defence coach. The whole team could use some practice.

@Russta:

Good call Goose. Benji’s defence is shithouse but his attack was fine against the boncos. Give him a break. Maybe get a new defence coach. The whole team could use some practice.

His attack was well below fine against the broncos. The bloke’s kicking game was poo, and he had no hand in either of our two tries. He stunted pretty much every one of our fifth tackle options, and made the wrong decisions in attack. It was poor by anyone’s standards

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

i think its pretty disrespectful actually,

the times when he has shown his loyalty to the Tigers, when he had offers on the table, he stayed. He has been a good team member for many years and his form has been on % basis always been a great player over the poor form… Yet when our player starts to struggle for the last 2 years, (with out a proper half back mind you) you want him gone, PLUS not only want him gone but in the way in which you talk about him, its poor form and actually pretty sad as a fan that you can kick him when he is down… but i shouldnt be surprised… that is the Aussie way isnt it

YET

poor ol Lawrence who hasnt been playing well for much longer although still people think he should leave. cops no where near as much bad mouthing.

I think people have their blinkers on… Benjis defence hasnt changed since he started with us. He has always made the silly errors, poor kicks, playing those low % Plays… BUT when they worked you all loved him.

I accept he needs to get a form injection, But i for one am not willing to dis the guy and throw him to the lions like the so called fans for someone who is known to be a better player when he has time and time again proven to be the player he is known for when he has a proper half back with him… The Club is at fault here. We had a good half back in Prince and Lui… and we know how that turned out… but the club didnt try and resolve the problem… they tried to use masking tape to fix the problem… and everyone knows masking tape is shit at holding things together.

And if people think the problem is JUST Benji, last time i checked their were 11 other members on the field playing in the same team, letting trys in as well…

We are a good two years away from being a competitive team again, and from all reports the Moses combo looks to be a goer… But i in that team i think there is a place for Benji and i think he will shine with the other two.

we have some dead wood in the team and IMHO i dont think Benji is one.

do i think he will stay? No, i actually think he will go cause the club has ZERO Money… and even if he took a massive pay cut, i still think he will be to much to stay. If he goes, he goes, thats the way the game works… but ill always respect the guy for what he has done… unlike alot of the fans

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.