After tonight’s disgraceful display there needs to be big changes made now for the future.
This is how I would name the team going forward to building into a much better 2014 and beyond.
1. James Tedesco - need his speed and commitment through the whole game
2. David Nofoluma - showing plenty of class and potential deserves his spot
3. Blake Ayshford - will get better with more game time, if not can always swap with Lawrence
4. Tim Simona - showed his class against Penrith, needs to be given more game time to become more consistent
5. Taqele Naiyavaro - showed in state cup he’s ready to go and will be the X factor we need
6. Benji Marshall - only to get the ball in an attacking position and never to guide the team or kick in general play.
7. Luke Brooks - needs to be blooded now and control the team like the halfback he is.
8. Aaron Woods - usual best forward on field
9. Robbin Farah - controlling the team and rock solid in defence with the usual great short kicking plays.
10. Adam Blair - has been very solid in the front row getting quick play the balls
11. Liam Fulton - Benji’s tackling buddy/minder
12. Ben Murdoch-Masila - needs more minutes to get himself in the game
13. Sauaso Sue - keep playing like he is, sub with Curtis Sironen
14. Curtis Sironen - sub with Sauaso Sue
15. Ava Semanufangi - strong carries and metres with a few off loads
16. Matt Groat - need his grunt to keep the team going forward
17. Chris Lawrence - sub with BMM as a strike player with busting runs at tired opposition
Braith Anasta needs to go, shows nothing in attack or defence.
Eddy Pettybourne also not playing well, drop to state cup.
Jack Buchanan has had a good go now and needs to go to state cup to keep building.
Joel Reddy back to state cup, good to stay as a back up player at best.
If we can do this for the remainder of the year we would make a much better showing week in week out and build strongly for next year.
Let me know your thoughts!