Moses and Brooks.

• At a time when Benji is supposedly going to figure his future out. His timing could not be any worse. On current form he is useless to us. The trouble for us is two fold. First, his form is so bad. Completely unacceptable and he really should’ve been dropped but injuries to so many experienced players and the 2nd tier salary cap have tied Potter’s hands. The second problem is he takes up so much cap space. On current form he’s obviously not worth it, and the trouble for Benji now is the club may begin to think he’s not worth it beyond 2014. If he goes it will be a decision based on the Luke Brooks and Mitch Moses.

We all know Moses and Brooks are tearing the NYC apart, just as they did in the junior rep sides with Balmain. Their combination is incredible. It’s uncanny how they interchange with each other on the field. This is rare for any football team to have two halves so in sync with each other. The temptation must surely be there to move Benji on after 2014. I certainly see a scenario where Benji is dispensable to this club. It’s not an easy decision but on current form it’s becoming easier and easier with each week. I honestly think Benji is at the crossroads of his career. He’s spiralled downhill and he can’t stop the fall.

• It’s time to make some unpopular decisions within our club. We have seen the panthers and now eels doing the clean out, it’s now our turn I’m afraid if we don’t start now it will get a lot worse with losing promising juniors. Moses and Brooks seems to be the clubs future half 5/8 pairing. If Benji was not part of wt next season I would be happy with a braith/brooks combo for braiths last year with us, whilst alternating Moses via 20s & nsw cup same as with brooks this season, with the view of bringing him on the bench like the raiders do with young Milford. Anyways just my 2cents.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• If we lose either of these two to keep Marshall I will be livid.

• Agreed. Brooks and Moses both look first grade quality and we need to bring them up together. A halves combination with their potential is the last piece of a future dynasty.

• A halves pairing with this level of understanding between each other is clearly potentially devastating and something all clubs would be envious of. Some pairing have good complimenting skills such as DCE-Foran, Sutton-Reynolds but i’m yet to see anything in recent years with an understanding so uncanny as our two. If we keep Marshall and lose one of these two, I too would be livid.

• You rush these two boys and you’ll get another miller. There still only 18 yr?
    But strongly agree Marshall has to go!

• I would keep Marshal in 1st grade for the rest of the year if only to show how over priced and out of sorts as a player he is these days.

The year is basically over for us…semi finals wise…we have a number of injuries and there’s no need to rush moses or brooks into 1st grade right this minute.

I would not be renewing Benji’s contract…he is with us until the end of next year. I personally think he will jump sooner if he realises his future is coming to an end at the WT. If benji’s form warrants it, he can play 1st grade next year at the Tigers but it has to be based on form…but realistically based on current form he really is close to the end at the WT.

I think Mick Potter is a smart coach. I don’t think he’s a big benji fan. As each poor performance continues I think Potter must be looking at a WT post benji marshal. Unfortunately there is a lot of politic’s surrounding someone like benji at the club. It can’t be just a cut and run job otherwise the coach may be the one without a job…similar to what happened to Sheen’s last year.

But as far as benji’s form is concerned…he would not have been picked in the NZ side earlier this year prior to benji ruling himself out with injury and he won’t be there for the world Cup. NZ took the captaincy from him early this year because they knew they could no longer carry him in the National side.

And this is from a player who boasted he may have to play rugby in the off season in japan to get the big bucks if the NRL did not look after him…man talk about over selling yourself…your not even good enough to play first grade.

• It will be a sad day if 1 of these guys leave us for another club I can really see the WT being a very strong club like melbourne are now the next 5-10 years when we have the likes of sirro, brooks, Moses, tedesco, sue, nofo, koro, woods, all these players will be huge stars in the near future and can’t wait till they all come together and win a couple of premierships for the WT

• Id bring them in next year. No point in a year lost. Give them a full pre-season under their belt - if there as good as people say they will make it there own sometime in the year.

Need some depth in this area anyway so should be looking from now for a cheapish pickup in the halves area.

• Agree with all that’s been said.

While Brooks and Moses are both great talents, their biggest asset is the fact they are a halves PARTNERSHIP. They play extremely well together as a cohesive halves unit, rather than a 6 and 7 who have been lumped together. The difference is extremely noticeable.

Another point is they are still both babies. You look at all the good young players in recent seasons and few debuted at 18, most were around 20. Both Reynolds boys, DCE, Moylan, Woods, Gillett etc … All in their 20s.

This team needs someone like Anasta in the halves. Benji can’t play the percentages, and Sironen is a better runner than organiser.

• Brooks and Moses are the best junior halves pairing in the NYC, plain and simple. They are both still eligible for NYC next year and while Brooks might be ready to make the step up to FG, Moses is not physically ready yet and needs to put on another 8-10kg over the next 2 years, or he’ll simply be targeted and destroyed. I see these two as viable FG options in 2015. Brooks could probably handle himself for a couple of games this season, and could be used more regularly next year, but Moses needs more physical development IMO.

• We need to get these guys up urgently.

I am dieing hearing this rubbish that we cant bring these players up because they are too young.

Why are we the only ones that cant do it?

Every other side does it with success.

But we want to wait it out and possibly lose them and keep recruiting old timers.

• Banned

@Bengal Tiger:

You rush these two boys and you’ll get another miller. There still only 18 yr?
    But strongly agree Marshall has to go!

Miller wasn’t rushed….he just wasn’t up to it…Remember folks Pearce made his debut with the Roosters at 17…

With these two guys we just need to stick by them and support their development no matter what.

• No matter what, keep these two. Like, I dont care if the rest of the team leaves KEEP THEM! can’t wait to watch em again in the next 2 weeks with the NYC/NSW Cup on TV (or streams 😆)

Honestly, there are so many potential origin players coming up right now. The Panthers and maybe raiders are the only other teams with near the level of young guns we have. We might even be better! Santi, Lovett, Moses, Brooks, Sirro, Woods, Buchanan, Sue, Simona, Nofoaluma, and Koroibete. All of them could easily play origin or be origin level within 4 years. Woods is obviously already there. But obviously potential =/= results.

We must keep every one of them, no one except fulton and farah should be kept in favour of those guys. I wanna see us take out a premiership soon! missed our chance in 2010/11 lets do it again in 2015! 😃

• @willow:

Brooks and Moses are the best junior halves pairing in the NYC, plain and simple. They are both still eligible for NYC next year and while Brooks might be ready to make the step up to FG, Moses is not physically ready yet and needs to put on another 8-10kg over the next 2 years, or he’ll simply be targeted and destroyed. I see these two as viable FG options in 2015. Brooks could probably handle himself for a couple of games this season, and could be used more regularly next year, but Moses needs more physical development IMO.

my thoughts exactly.

MOses will have to work very hard to get his body right.’

Brooks on the other hand looks to have a body more NRL ready naturally

Recent Topics