Sick and tired of the excuses

• Banned

I’ve had enough of the excuses for Marshall.

Thankfully many on this forum (and elsewhere) have finally woken up to the fact that he has been playing like utter garbage for over 18 months, but there are still some who trot out the excuses quicker than Scott Prince brushes away Benji like a helpless fly.

Marshall doesn’t need a halfback to tackle.
    Marshall doesn’t need a good forward pack to tackle.
    Marshall doesn’t need a halfback to put an effective kick in.

Marshall is not out of form. He has been playing like this for well over a year.

Make no mistake, this team needs a halfback. It needs and effective forward pack.

It also needs a new five eighth. One who will take on the line. One who will not throw passes into the grandstand. One who will at least attempt to tackle. One who will put up an occasional bomb that doesn’t travel 20 metres backwards. One who can kick for touch and find more than 5 metres. One who can occasionally find grass with a kick. One who will not repeatedly grubber straight into players. One who respects the ball. One who will not try a chip kick a minute before halftime. One with a football brain. One who will play simple, intelligent football. One who will learn from his mistakes.

Everyone please accept the reality and stop with th excuses. He’s finished. He can’t progress his career any further with us.

The Sheens era is over and so is the Marshall era.

• I agree but I can’t see the Tigers moving him on.

We are on shaky ground as it is and moving a player that has been the face of our club for nearly 10 years on could cause plenty of casual fans to give up on us when the media starts to put the boot in. You saw the media reaction to the Benji just being benched! Imagine if we released him.

• Banned

@hybrid_tiger:

I’ve had enough of the excuses for Marshall.
    ……
    Marshall doesn’t need a halfback to tackle.
    Marshall doesn’t need a good forward pack to tackle.
    Marshall doesn’t need a halfback to put an effective kick in.

Marshall is not out of form. He has been playing like this for well over a year.

Make no mistake, this team needs a halfback. It needs and effective forward pack.

The Sheens era is over and so is the Marshall era.

I can still see he has some positives to his game. I thought he looked good out there at numerous times throughout the game. I thought he looked a lot better than Sirro and I rate Sirro.

The thing is the mistakes are simply too much. I don’t think we can continue to carry those mistakes. Siro doesn’t have those mistakes in him.

Like you I don’t want to hear the excuses. They have nothing to do with the negatives in Benji’s game.

I think he needs to retire or be moved on. I’d love to see him start to tackle and get rid of the crud plays from his game but I can’t see it happening. Benji with good options and no mistakes would be one of the great halves in the game. The problem is that he simply isn’t doing that now.

• Banned

@MacDougall:

I agree but I can’t see the Tigers moving him on.

We are on shaky ground as it is and moving a player that has been the face of our club for nearly 10 years on could cause plenty of casual fans to give up on us when the media starts to put the boot in. You saw the media reaction to the Benji just being benched! Imagine if we released him.

Who cares. The club needs to make the right decision and forget about the media or the impact on fans. The more games you win the more casual fans will turn up and the media will state how good you are going.

• @MacDougall:

Fans follow winning football teams.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• The media impacts the fans who impact the bottom line by watching the tv, buying tickets and buying merch. The bottom line influences the administration of the club.

• I don’t want Benji here anymore either but in the financial state we’re in with people bandying about thoughts of sending us to Perth it’s a risk sacking the guy that would be the favourite player of most of our fans under the age of 16.

• @MacDougall:

I don’t want Benji here anymore either but in the financial state we’re in with people bandying about thoughts of sending us to Perth it’s a risk sacking the guy that would be the favourite player of most of our fans under the age of 16.

My 10 year old can see that Benji is garbage and thinks Robbie is our best player

I think most others would be the same

• You want a exciting player for kids to follow. Bring up Big T and shuffle the backline. They loved TNT and they will do the same for Mr T.

At least he will put in

• @MacDougall:

Who cares what the media think. Wests Tigers must start doing something positive very soon throughout the team not just Benji or otherwise there won’t be any Wests Tigers team. Why is the club still paying big money for people like Sheens, Benji, Tuquiri, Utai, Royce who are providing the club a liability?

• Banned

@MacDougall:

The casual fans will follow a winning team.

• Realistically he should be playing State Cup. Realistically we can’t afford to pay him out either, but there’s no way I’d be extending once his contract runs out in 2015. He’s simply not worth it and I expect Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks to be our halves pairing by that time.

• Yep. I can see a situation where by the time Benji’s contract comes to it’s end, the club will say thanks but no thanks. Honestly, with last year being the final year under contract, I can see a situation where Brooks and Moses will hopefully be ready for a shot together in the top grade. That means Benji’s got to find his mojo THIS season. If he doesn’t i’d say he’ll be on the way out. This is officially a crisis for Benji and Benji alone.

• They say defence comes down to attitude. If that’s true then Benji’s attitude must really suck at the moment.

Before the game he is interviewed and says they have been working hard on defence… well by the captains example that went out the window pretty quickly.

Benji needs to start putting his body on the line if he is to be anywhere near NRL standard. It’s time for him to stop worrying about career-ending injuries to those shoulders because by protecting them he is ending his career anyway.

Go all-in Benji. You’ll either win big or go out with a gutsy effort.

• No one player is bigger than the team and the club. Time to move on, the Sheens & Benji era is over
    Why dragg it on cut him loose & move on.

Recent Topics