Blake Ayshford

• Blakey looked different last night ? He was very top heavy compared to his nice slim, fit, fast body type??

Seems every time a tigers outside back gets injured where they cannot run they still train the house down and come back a lot bulkier and top heavy. (Happened to Lawrence and benji)

I like Blake but he was never a big centre more so elusive and hard to tackle… Anyone agree that he looked different? Or is that I havnt seen him play for so long?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Blake was always going to put some bulk on once he had his wrist issues sorted

A lot of people gave him a hard time about his performance last night , but he had been one of our better backs before his injury

• his hair looked thicker.

• Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bagging him. He just looked a different size to me. Although I only watched 35minutes and nearly cried myself to sleep.

• i just watched the game again and tbh idk why everyone’s getting so worked up about our performances. apart from benji and pettybourne’s defense, our 5th tackle options and some frustrated penalties at the end, i didnt see much wrong with the team.

reddy and aysh were solid. reddy did an amazing job on hodges and it was ayshford’s first game back in a couple of months i think.

also did benji say “We lost it in the middle” if he did, then that’s a load of crap, we controlled the ruck for the majority of the game i thought. 5th tackle options and abysmal defense on the tryline is the reason we lost.

• Aside from needing a haircut he looked the same to me. Needs to stop trying to beat players on the outside, he doesn’t have the toe for it.

• Agree needs a haircut. To much heroics on the outside

• It was his first game back and he struggled a bit as expected but he looked strong and was playing well before his injury . I thinks he like anyone deserves some slack after being out injured

• Banned

I don’t rate him at all. I would be happy to get rid of him or reserve grade. He frustrates me because he seems to have a lack of urgency. like that terrible try broncos scored with the two mini kicks. he just watched the ball! do something apart from watching it! Then again most the team is average at the moment. coach potter has inherited a mess i guess he is doing the best with what he is got?

• @willow:

Aside from needing a haircut he looked the same to me. Needs to stop trying to beat players on the outside, he doesn’t have the toe for it.

And this is the problem. The guy simply isn’t a first grade footballer. Slow and skinny doesn’t belong on an football field.

• @littletiger:

I don’t rate him at all. I would be happy to get rid of him or reserve grade. He frustrates me because he seems to have a lack of urgency. like that terrible try broncos scored with the two mini kicks. he just watched the ball! do something apart from watching it! Then again most the team is average at the moment. coach potter has inherited a mess i guess he is doing the best with what he is got?

He reminds me of Dean Collis, became content with just being an NRL player. Didn’t apply himself to becoming an integral part of the team.

• He made the most metres of everyone bar Woods and Teddy. I’ve said this before, but Blake is worth persevering with this year. A lot of his hard work goes unnoticed. At the beginning of the year, we were all up in arms about the number of tries scored down Lawrence and Koro’s wing. What we failed to recognise was the lack of tries down Reddy and Ayshford’s. He’s solid in defence, and with proper service from his halves, he’s very hard to tackle. With a good side around him, he’s very good. We just need to get ourselves a good side first…

• Banned

Another average player. Overrated. Couldn’t pass go in monopoly.

• I think Ayshford is a useful player with a deceptive skill to make ground but very different fro your normal centre, he plays like a second row forward with a strange inability to pass the ball. In fact when at training when they practice ball movement I wonder what he does ? In fact you wonder if he has been coached not to pass. Having said all of that old Halatau went a complete season without EVER passing the ball ,by the stats

• he use to always have a knack of having half is body through the line

he should try to develop some offload skills ala mateo then he brings something to the party.

Recent Topics