Is it true

• Banned

That Marshall blamed the forwards by saying “we lost it in the middle”.

I didnt hear it so looking for confirmation and the context in which he said it before i condem the.comments

• he didnt say exacctly that… said more about how broncos controlled the game and didnt let us out of our own half.

• you know what, thats what I read earlier on here too. A minute ago I went looking for it, had a watch, and to be honest, I will pan the bloke all day for how he played, but he handled that press conference professionally, answered correctly, and made a rather astute summation I thought. Even had a pop at our poor 5th tackle options, which was taking some of the blame indirectly.

Im no Benji defender, but if people want to lay into him over that press conference they thoroughly need to check themselves.

• No he didnt say that….but someone here said he did

You know the old saying - dont let the truth get in the way etc etc

But 4 broncos forwards clocked up 600+ metres between them, so yeh, they did roll thru us a bit easy

• Banned

Thanks guys. Glad i asked first

• The only mention of the ‘middle’ was made by Potter and that was in reference to the team needing some help in the middle this week after losing Farah and Woods to SOO.

• @cunno:

The only mention of the ‘middle’ was made by Potter and that was in reference to the team needing some help in the middle this week after losing Farah and Woods to SOO.

Right. Where is going to get it from?

• @Newtown:

@cunno:

The only mention of the ‘middle’ was made by Potter and that was in reference to the team needing some help in the middle this week after losing Farah and Woods to SOO.

Right. Where is going to get it from?

Bring your boots to the game Newtown 😃

• Every single team this year has gone up at us through the middle? Some more than others, broncos, dogs, souths. But we are outmuscled at every opportunity. Just look at metres made and conceded for ANY tigers game this year. 1546m conceded and 1163 made this week for any curious.

• Banned

For all his faults on the field at present, Benji has never publicly shirked responsibility for the mistakes he has made and his bad form/decisions - that was Sheens’ go.

• Banned

well hes been saying ive been low on form and ive sucked and this and that DO SOME :deadhorse: :bash THING ABOUT IT BENJI because your the only person who can do it i really thought he would dig in against the broncs and show some leadership and lead by example but he did the complete opposite…

• I don’t think it needs to be said we all know it The backs aren’t playing great especially Benji but our forwards struggle in attack and defence. Look at the thread with the stats numbers do not lie.

• @WestsTigersMan66.:

well hes been saying ive been low on form and ive sucked and this and that DO SOME :deadhorse: :bash THING ABOUT IT BENJI because your the only person who can do it i really thought he would dig in against the broncs and show some leadership and lead by example but he did the complete opposite…

mate he IS trying. Well that’s the news coming out of concord. Him putting in the 2 best training seshes after being dropped to the bench. Doing extra sessions before/after training etc.

I dunno, i just really wanna see him back to Benji not Benchy. saddens me so much… 😦

Give him a pack and a halfback, besides that i can’t think of anything else he’ll have to go if that doesn’t work.

• Yeah, by the mysteries of ‘international streaming’ I saw the Fox interview and it was Potter who raised the issue of ‘the middle’ next week. Benji blamed ‘fifth tackle options’ for the loss - which is blaming himself.

• @WestsTigersMan66.:

completely agree. i give him his fair dues for accepting responsibility, but then nothing changes. its great he is so level headed when it comes to appraising himself (in the media anyway?) but there is only so long it can go on before people ask “okay, so when IS it going to change?”

Recent Topics