Potter

• Is it just me or is Mick Potter starting to look pretty average as a Coach?

Are we doing what Parramatta did with Kearney saying…. “he needs time, he needs time, he needs time, he needs time, he needs time… and then after a bit of time actually passes we realise he’s just crap and has to go?”

I’m not a negative boo boy. I just haven’t seen any evidence of all the things he’s cracked up to be. He talks a good fight, but havent seen anything special in terms of team spirit, motivation, tactics, mongrel, fitness or team culture.

• The culture we have is the problem.

Personnel changes are the only thing that will rectify it

• @TIGERS:

Is it just me or is Mick Potter starting to look pretty average as a Coach?

Are we doing what Parramatta did with Kearney saying…. “he needs time, he needs time, he needs time, he needs time, he needs time… and then after a bit of time actually passes we realise he’s just crap and has to go?”

I’m not a negative boo boy. I just haven’t seen any evidence of all the things he’s cracked up to be. He talks a good fight, but havent seen anything special in terms of team spirit, motivation, tactics, mongrel, fitness or team culture.

Na,

He hasn’t had the luxury of being able to do hat he has wanted to do this year, due to
    Injuries.

No coach regardless of how goo they are could compete with the depleted squad we have had at times.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Just look at the mess he’s walked into….look at the big picture overall and you’ll see mitigating circumstances of why we are where we are right now

The Sheens debacle.
    The injury situation
    The poor recruitment of seasons past
    The $2 shop strength training conditioning staff
    The financial problems the above four create
    Humpty under pressure and standing down
    BLC redevopment drama
    Wests Cambo pulling out of JV
    The boys club culture thats permeated over several years

Potter’s not GOD
    Its going to take time…I’m just not sure Potsy will be given the time required

At least Junior development seems to be thriving, one area Sheens excelled in, the pathways system

• Banned

I will judge Potter next year… Its clear he has inherited a club and players with attitude issues - I’m sure he has realised this and will weed them out next year…I expect we will look; play and act like a totally different club in 2014…else Potter will not be renewed…simple as that…

• Banned

@innsaneink:

Just look at the mess he’s walked into….look at the big picture overall and you’ll see mitigating circumstances of why we are where we are right now

The Sheens debacle.
    The injury situation
    BLC redevopment drama

Potter’s not GOD

At least Junior development seems to be thriving, one area Sheens excelled in, the pathways system

spot on Ink!

• Banned

@innsaneink:

Just look at the mess he’s walked into….look at the big picture overall and you’ll see mitigating circumstances of why we are where we are right now

The Sheens debacle.
    The injury situation
    BLC redevopment drama

Potter’s not GOD

spot on Ink!

• @alexaki:

I will judge Potter next year… Its clear he has inherited a club and players with attitude issues - I’m sure he has realised this and will weed them out next year…I expect we will look; play and act like a totally different club in 2014…else Potter will not be renewed…simple as that…

Not sure if the cleanout will be possible over just one year.
    We may have to let contracts run their course…we have no money.
    That and the sheer size of the problem…it dwarfs the usual recruitment retention scenario each club has from season to season.
    Each year though it should get easier… if we get it right from the start
    Time will tell

• Kearney effectively killed Parra from the ground up.

Potter on the other hand has nurtured and invested in our next gen. Only time and hard work will get us out of this.

• @LaT:

Kearney effectively killed Parra from the ground up.

Potter on the other hand has nurtured and invested in our next gen. Only time and hard work will get us out of this.

Didn’t help he walked into Anderson’s mess, much like Potter with Sheens.

• Too early to judge for reasons mentioned already. I think he even knows that too. From the post match press conferences and his general demeanour there seems to be no panic or concerns of his job security. In fact, I truly believe he is looking at the bigger picture of the club and team and striving for long term results instead of quick fixes.

It’s a busted club. Lets face it. And you can’t expect 1 man to fix years of snowballing problems in 1 season.

I think Potter will be good for West Tigers. In the long term.

I truly hope i don’t eat my words. But pretty confident i wont.

• Anderson wasn’t that bad, the board dumped him prematurely IMO.

The parra board definitely suffer from a case of “the grass is always greener”.

• What about the recruitment? guys like Carl Webb, Chirs Walker, Chris Hicks. Guys 5 yrs past their use by date. They weren’t signed by Kearney, but he inherited them.

• woods and farah have gone up a gear after playing under potter. they are playing with a lot more toughness than they played last year. even fulton, who used to be just a tackling macine nowadays tackles as hard as anyone in the team.

we all saw moltzen this year play better and putting his body on the line more than he ever has.

2 rounds ago our whole 1-5 was different than what it was last year or the year before that, our forwards didnt have heighno, ellis, gibbs or galloway- some of the pillars of our forward pack since '10.

the only real senior in our forward pack is blair compared to what sheens had.

apart from benji, i have seen players improve under potter. im yet to see what he can do with lawrence and ayshford as they have been poor this year but im willing to wait.

leaving all that injury/depth excuses alone, imo he has done quite well with whatever he was given.

the only real complaint i’ve seen here on the forum re team selection is not the presence of groat but as watto said in another thread: groat and spence are both 50/50

not to mention our forwards are running straight instead of sideways. something he said when he started here was that he wanted to see us earn the right to play at the other end and despite the mindblanks benji had against brons, imo he has instilled that culture in the team.

• Consider the difference in sides like the Storm when they are missing 3 players. Do we think poorly of Craig Bellamy if his team underperforms around Origin time?

Recent Topics