Rating the rookies this season.

• Banned

This is my rating on the 8 players, That have debuted in first grade this season or
    have had less than 3 games last season from 1-10.

1. David Nofoaluma-8
    2. James Tedesco-7 and a 1/2
    3. Sauaso Sue-7
    4. Jack Buchanan -7
    5. Jarred Farlow-6
    6. Ava Seumanufagai-6
    7. Sitaleki Akauola-5
    8. Shaun Spence-4

:sign:

• hello copy/paste! 😉

1. David Nofoaluma-10. what more could you ask from him? i cant fault him, so its a 10.
    2. James Tedesco- 8. got injured and not yet had a real settling in period, but im very happy with him.
    3. Sauaso Sue-8. been great.
    4. Jack Buchanan -6. started off like a jet, but the initial spark seems to have died down.
    5. Jarred Farlow-6. seemed a bit of a novelty to me? again, one who goes awesome first up, but has faded.
    6. Ava Seumanufagai- cant honestly say….
    7. Sitaleki Akauola- who?
    8. Shaun Spence-5. another who was good first up, but getting used to first grade. promising though.

• i would rate Sue as tied first because he rarely misses a tackle and makes 2nd most metres in the forwards each week to woods. otherwise pretty much agree. Ava does’t get much game time to be honest

• Banned

At first i did rate sue a 8 but i changed at the last minute seeing he’s highlights again and that try against the broncs i think hes 2nd to nofo with a rating of 7 and a half.

• Banned

1. David Nofoaluma-9
    2. James Tedesco-6
    3. Sauaso Sue-8
    4. Jack Buchanan -6
    5. Jarred Farlow-4(not seen enough yet)
    6. Ava Seumanufagai-6
    7. Sitaleki Akauola-5(not seen enough)
    8. Shaun Spence-4
    9- Koro - 6 (I know he’s not exactly a rookie)

• Banned

If you put koro their why didn’t you put Sironen and Miller. they’ve played less games than Koro. If i had to rate them it would be Koro-6 Miller-6 siro-7 and a half-ish lol

• Happy with the scores only thing would have sue and nofo tied for first.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• nofoaluma has been relentless. in this short time, he’s become the most reliable defensively and the biggest attacking outside back imo

• Farlow has only had 1 game so how can it have faded?

1. David Nofoaluma-10. what more could you ask from him? i cant fault him, so its a 10.
    2. James Tedesco- 8. got injured and not yet had a real settling in period, but im very happy with him.
    4. Jack Buchanan -6. started off like a jet, but the initial spark seems to have died down.
    5. Jarred Farlow-6. seemed a bit of a novelty to me? again, one who goes awesome first up, but has faded.
    8. Shaun Spence-5. another who was good first up, but getting used to first grade. promising though.

• Agreed with OP except 5 for Farlow.

Also, don’t think simona got that many games last year did he? He’d be a 6.5. Sirro a 6 (not rookie at all)

• I thought Akaoula was very good on debut. Didn’t get much game time against the Storm, but everything he did was quality. His runs with the ball of hand were terrific and he put some fear into the opposition the way he ripped and teared in defence.

Saw him last year in the U/20s coming off the bench and a little bit this year in reserves. Wasn’t at all surprised when he got the call-up to firsts. Could be something special, glad Potter saw identified that. The club should push off BMM and give this kid a spot in the top squad.

• Akaoula’s a very good player but not seen enough of him at FG. His debut was solid and I’d be ok with him replacing BMM too. At this stage of the season Potter should be willing to try anything.

Nofoaluma and Sue tied equal for me at this stage of the season. Agree with most for the others.

PL

• Nofoaluma - (8) Has real ability to find the tryline. A good finisher. Solid defender for one so inexperienced. Also has tremendous tackle breaking ability. He’s been real find! However a couple of sloppy errors which have hurt us

Sue - (8) Has surpassed my expectations. Has a good workrate. Not afraid to do the dirty work (tackles and hit ups). Possesses good scope for improvement physically. Also a strong guy.

Tedesco - (7) Reliable at the back. You can see has ability and is developing his attacking game which can’t be easy around Marshall and Farah. I learnt a lot about him from the Cowboys game. He was brave and on the spot. Definitely has what it takes.

Buchanan - (6.5) I thought he started great. Really produced some solid numbers. However it’s been obvious that the heavy load has taken its toll on him, those stats have regressed but the work ethic remains. I think he’s got a good frame for a prop and he’ll get better with further experience and time.

Seaumanafagai - (6) Gets a pass mark from me. He’s a big guy whose time has yet to come . The experience will do him wonders and in short stints he has done okay. Possesses great footwork for a big guy. I do think physically he has some work to do in order to possess the kind of frame needed for the nrl. He definitely has the size though. Just needs to get the body right.

Spence - (5.5) Like Ava, it’s before his time and you can see he’s not one to rely on just yet. Potter obviously sees potential in him and that’s good enough for me.

Akouala - (5) Not really featured a lot. However I saw some potential in him. Still a work in progress who I don’t think we’ll see the best out of for another 12-18 months. Hopefully the club re-signs him.

Farlow - Not rated

• @turnstyle:

hello copy/paste! 😉

Farlow has only had one go, so how come he “goes awesome first up, but has faded”?

Recent Topics