Blair's Arrival

Anyone notice the bad luck he brought to the club…injury crisis, out of form players (Aysh, Marshall, Lawrence), finals runs ended…

Julia Gillard has lost Western Sydney since he has been here as well.

Interest rates have dropped ,Qld have won more SOO series and Parra remain in their rightful position (for the moment)

I doubt they will move tbh we will win more games thru the year.

I doubt they will move tbh we will win more games thru the year.

I’ve put on 5 kilos! Stone him, stone him now! FFS, what a dumb thread.

@BIG AL:

Nothing to do with Blair, that’s all her doing.

I disagree with this thread, Blair has not met expectations however there is something bigger affecting the club at present as virtually all but Robbie and Woods are playing well beneath their potential.

@Spartan117:

@BIG AL:

Things will change after the election on September 14 but it could too late for Wests Tigers for this year by then.

Julia’s coming off contract. Maybe a swap for bad luck Blair?

P.S. Agree with Mikey

We should have put a clause in his contract that he was not permitted to bring bad luck 😦

Haha. interesting outlook this one. Look, for me Blair’s form does underline a bigger issue for the club. Why is it that of all our experienced players, only Woods and Farah have been able to play consistently well. Yes, some have had their injury issues but for me Blair and Marshall (2012-13) and Pettybourne have been major disapointments. However I do think perhaps we’re trying to look for something in this that doesn’t exist. A lot of the struggles for form have related to injuries (Anasta, Thompson, Lawrence and even Marshall), I thought Ayshford at least had improved on 2012 before he got that syndesmosis injury.

What I particularly don’t like is this talk of Marshall’s hold on the first grade team. A lot of it is probably bollocks but there is no doubt he is an influential player both on the outside looking in and within the club. If he’s not happy it affects things. I’ve got no doubt that this contract situation is a MASSIVE distraction for him and fair enough. The outlook there is not great either so things could continue down the same path.

Benji is a big problem for us,similar to Jennings at Penrith,but lets hope he can find some form.My mail is still that Blair wants to return to the Storm so not sure where the Parra. story is coming from.

@Tigerpete:

Haha. interesting outlook this one. Look, for me Blair’s form does underline a bigger issue for the club. Why is it that of all our experienced players, only Woods and Farah have been able to play consistently well. Yes, some have had their injury issues but for me Blair and Marshall (2012-13) and Pettybourne have been major disapointments. However I do think perhaps we’re trying to look for something in this that doesn’t exist. A lot of the struggles for form have related to injuries (Anasta, Thompson, Lawrence and even Marshall), I thought Ayshford at least had improved on 2012 before he got that syndesmosis injury.

What I particularly don’t like is this talk of Marshall’s hold on the first grade team. A lot of it is probably bollocks but there is no doubt he is an influential player both on the outside looking in and within the club. If he’s not happy it affects things. I’ve got no doubt that this contract situation is a MASSIVE distraction for him and fair enough. The outlook there is not great either so things could continue down the same path.

I don’t think the team has fallen over due to Blair’s underperforming, but moreso that Blair has suffered under the tutelage of Sheens and the ensuing circus he presided over. Potter has had the foresight to move him closer to the action to get more involved which has increased his defensive workrate but I’m not sure whether the current state of affairs will allow Potter to get the best of out him.

Even if this thread is in jest, it’s a ridiculous notion.

@Cultured Bogan:

@Tigerpete:

I don’t think the team has fallen over due to Blair’s underperforming, but moreso that Blair has suffered under the tutelage of Sheens and the ensuing circus he presided over. Potter has had the foresight to move him closer to the action to get more involved which has increased his defensive workrate but I’m not sure whether the current state of affairs will allow Potter to get the best of out him.

Even if this thread is in jest, it’s a ridiculous notion.

Wasn’t a serious thread mate, just trying to start a debate.

You make your own luck.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.