WESTS Tigers have declined to offer Benji Marshall an extens

• Banned

Just heard on the news that Benji Marshall is close to signing a new upgrade to his contract with WT 😒 WT management are seriously retarded!

• No no no

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Benji is on Fox News Sportsline tonight at 10.00pm EST ALL will be revealed! The Fos Sports Host seemed to think he had an exclusive so stay tuned folks!

• madness, that will do me, the club is a joke

• We better not lose Mitch Moses, Sirro, Brooks or Santi as a result of this…

• Banned

Did it say upgrade or extension??

If its just an upgrade its probably due to us being obligated to give him more money due to a previous agreement. Sux but what can we do. Shows a lack of integrity from Benji IMO but maybe thats unfair

• Banned

I’ll wait for the details before crying about it.

• From what i am reading today it appears the club is only honouring its committment to upgrade Marshalls contract - that will give him 2 years to show that he is worth retaining past 2015 - a good move by WT.

• Lack of integrity by Benji? Nope. Collecting what he is owed in a contract that is a legally binding document… Fair enough he is playing badly but if he is collecting on what was previously agreed then it has nothing to do with current form. There is NO player in the NRL that would not collect the money owed to them on a previous contract. I know I’d be collecting regardless of how I played. Now that it is all sorted and its clear he wants to stay, start showing it Benji!

• RMS what you said is spot on, i agree 100% & if his form warrants it in 2 yrs time then give him a new contract.

• “BENJI Marshall to the Waratahs? The bizarre rumour was circulated on social media this week but when we contacted Marshall’s manager Martin Tauber yesterday, he knocked it flat. “I have just spoken to the Wests Tigers, we are expecting a new contract offer by midday [today],” Tauber said, adding that Marshall had not considered rugby again after the NRL blocked a mooted off-season stint in Japan two years ago. Marshall is contracted until 2015 but is renegotiating the next two years of his deal based on more money given to NRL clubs under the media rights deal earlier this year. But if Marshall is unhappy with the revised offer, then who knows?”

Daily tele website today. Ill post the link in a second

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Maybe Benji will be more relaxed and happy tomorrow night at Campbelltown after this gets sorted out today.

• @RMS:

Lack of integrity by Benji? Nope. Collecting what he is owed in a contract that is a legally binding document… Fair enough he is playing badly but if he is collecting on what was previously agreed then it has nothing to do with current form. There is NO player in the NRL that would not collect the money owed to them on a previous contract. I know I’d be collecting regardless of how I played. Now that it is all sorted and its clear he wants to stay, start showing it Benji!

2nd that - I may be wrong but pretty sure his contract had the upgrade in it for when more money came in via NRL for the new TV deal.

• Okay it might be we are just honoring a verbal agreement made by our past CEO, but gee it hurts to see him getting MORE money with the rubbish he has been dishing up for a long time now. Surely Marshall has some sort of responsibility to have a go, last Monday nigh was a woeful exhibition by Benji and it was not a one off. The club should be looking for a way out,shop him around,do what ever,but to spend a large chunk of your cap on a player that has lost it is madness

Recent Topics