Sheens & Blair

• Just a few paragraphs from the Tele.

DON’T be surprised if the Tigers board draws a line in the sand over the continued monthly payments to sacked coach Tim Sheens. Sheens has been collecting his normal salary since being marched last October, but there’s been a change of heart at board level over whether they should keep forking-out after Sheens knocked back an alternative role at the club. The Tigers would be prepared for Sheens to take legal action to recover the final 15 months of his contract, but are confident they won’t have to part with a full settlement.
    Adam Blair could still be an option for the Eels. However, they won’t get him cheap. We’ve heard the Tigers will only contribute around $100,000 toward Blair’s release, after paying out a series of contracts in recent years.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Apparently this season we are paying Ellis, Gibbs, Heighington and someone else (I can’t remember who but there were 4names).

If we’re paying Blair at all, he plays for us. He isn’t playing awesome but he is still playing consistent first grade football and to pay him to play somewhere else is just extremely stupid.

• Banned

@Rob86a:

Just a few paragraphs from the Tele.

DON’T be surprised if the Tigers board draws a line in the sand over the continued monthly payments to sacked coach Tim Sheens. Sheens has been collecting his normal salary since being marched last October, but there’s been a change of heart at board level over whether they should keep forking-out after Sheens knocked back an alternative role at the club. The Tigers would be prepared for Sheens to take legal action to recover the final 15 months of his contract, but are confident they won’t have to part with a full settlement.
    Adam Blair could still be an option for the Eels. However, they won’t get him cheap. We’ve heard the Tigers will only contribute around $100,000 toward Blair’s release, after paying out a series of contracts in recent years.

Thank you one S Humphreys….no wonder he got punted…

• @Peaches:

Apparently this season we are paying Ellis, Gibbs, Heighington and someone else (I can’t remember who but there were 4names).

If we’re paying Blair at all, he plays for us. He isn’t playing awesome but he is still playing consistent first grade football and to pay him to play somewhere else is just extremely stupid.

We are NOT paying Ellis or Gibbs anymore
    As always the telegraph don’t mind letting the truth get in the way of a good story

• About time. If Sheens was offered alternatives and chose to do nothing then he shouldn’t be full remunerated. I think the club should learn allot from this.

• @Eye Of Da Tiger:

About time. If Sheens was offered alternatives and chose to do nothing then he shouldn’t be full remunerated. I think the club should learn allot from this.

U would think that it’s his job. He is failing to do the job tigers have given him. If this was in the workplace you would be punted.

• Banned

That sounds positive. Blair should stay. I think he is going alright at prop. We simply shouldn’t sign him to another contract because we have better props and backrowers that cost us less.

As for Sheens - I figure at some point we must call his bluff.

• @T-REXX:

@Eye Of Da Tiger:

About time. If Sheens was offered alternatives and chose to do nothing then he shouldn’t be full remunerated. I think the club should learn allot from this.

U would think that it’s his job. He is failing to do the job tigers have given him. If this was in the workplace you would be punted.

I am not an IR Lawyer, but I think it would depend on what is stated in Sheen’s original contract.

If it expressly stated that he is being employed as the Wests Tigers NRL Head Coach, then he is probably within his rights to reject offers of alternative roles. I am sure Tim would have discussed all of this with his Lawyers already, and must be confident that he is entitled to continue receiving his full pay for basically doing nothing under the agreement he signed.

Similarly the Tigers Board would not have been paying him a small fortune every month if they believed he was in breach of his Contract with the Club.

• Haha so the tigers board wants to challenge the contract they entered into. They struggle to manage a footy team,
    Haha yeah. I wouldn’t bet the house on shifty sheens. He is a very smart man who has been around footy for a long time. Don’t forget he did the same thing at nth qld, and they paid his contract out in full, despite them having the resources of news behind them.
    I seriously doubt he would have left any wiggle room in this contract particularly knowing his position was precarious when he signed. He signed in good faith, he will say he knocked back contracts with souths and penrith, it’ll go to court, cost 500k the board will lose and have to pay costs.
    Let it go and learn from these mistakes!!

• Oh plus didn’t they pay out lambs contract to get sheens in the first place. Custom and practice, precedence etc etc.

• I hope this gets sorted very soon because it is suffocating the Wests Tigers. Maybe this should be a question to Mayer from the forum.

• @900large:

Haha so the tigers board wants to challenge the contract they entered into. They struggle to manage a footy team,
    Haha yeah. I wouldn’t bet the house on shifty sheens. He is a very smart man who has been around footy for a long time. Don’t forget he did the same thing at nth qld, and they paid his contract out in full, despite them having the resources of news behind them.
    I seriously doubt he would have left any wiggle room in this contract particularly knowing his position was precarious when he signed. He signed in good faith, he will say he knocked back contracts with souths and penrith, it’ll go to court, cost 500k the board will lose and have to pay costs.
    Let it go and learn from these mistakes!!

True, but maybe there is some grey area there, it might be one of those cases where the legal advice you get depends on the opinion of the lawyer(s) asked.

It sounds a bit like the new interim boss might take his chances testing it with the legal systems, and an each way bet of testing Sheens patience as it chews into his earnings with legal costs and delays of payments.

• Lambs contract had finished so we didnt have to pay him out, but as someone said if Sheens was employed as 1st Grade Head Coach i think he will be getting his money. Just another mistake this club has made over the years, how much money have we blown?. Tell me a Lawyer who says you cant win the case? they will tell you what you want to hear so they can get the Money out of you. :deadhorse:

• Lambs contract had finished so we didnt have to pay him out, but as someone said if Sheens was employed as 1st Grade Head Coach i think he will be getting his money. Just another mistake this club has made over the years, how much money have we blown?. Tell me a Lawyer who says you cant win the case? they will tell you what you want to hear so they can get the Money out of you. :deadhorse:

• Great to hear the club wants to amp it up Sheens now. It’s a disgrace and embarrassment that we’re still paying the dope. On Blair, I say keep him anyways. Unless of course he wants out. The fact is that whilst he has been disappointing, he’s only been disappointing by his own standards and reputation. Any other player and his form would not be getting calls for sackings and so on. We fans expected better from the guy but in all honestly has his form warranted him been shown the door?? No, his form hasn’t been bad to that extent.

Recent Topics