Logo

I think our logo is getting old. Time for a new one. Something incorporating the magpie and tiger as the logo. Like magpie standing tall with opened wings behind the tiger. I’m sure we have some very creative fans on here would love to see some ideas for a bit of fun and give us a break from Benji threads and so on.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

The magpie has nothing to do with the Wests Tigers, the logo is fine the way it is.

It’s the wests tigers so the logo should stay the same. Jamming the Maggie in there would look silly and confused.

The only thing I’d change aesthetically with the club is less of that horrible horrible orange and judging by next seasons jerseys I may have my wish. Black as the main color with white highlights…and a hint of Guantanamo bay orange for nostalgia.

@Guest:

I think our logo is getting old. Time for a new one. Something incorporating the magpie and tiger as the logo. Like magpie standing tall with opened wings behind the tiger. I’m sure we have some very creative fans on here would love to see some ideas for a bit of fun and give us a break from Benji threads and so on.

I personally don’t think it is getting old, but if we ever did change it, why in the world would we put the Magpie in it? Are we the Wests Magpie-Tigers? No, we’re the Wests Tigers. The logo is fine as it is, and the best brands in sport keep things the same, they don’t change them constantly. Including the Magpie would only drive division in the club, as it would lead for calls (and realistically rightfully so) to have Balmain in the logo.

Been changed slightly once already

If you keep changing things you get no sense of history…look at our jerseys…then look at Saints

Tradition and history are important…we more than any other team need to foster and cultivate this - we’re the youngest team in the comp, changing things all the times destroys

I thought it had been stated many times over the past few years, that the “Tiger” logo was the stand-out most recognised for any of the clubs. If this is true, the logo is worth lots of dollars and must be maintained, while this is so!

@innsaneink:

If you keep changing things you get no sense of history…look at our jerseys…then look at Saints

Tradition and history are important…we more than any other team need to foster and cultivate this - we’re the youngest team in the comp, changing things all the times destroys

Not quite … Gold Coast Titans ring a bell?

Based on the final 6 entries in the jersey design competition, it looks as if theyre trying to revert to a more traditional jersey next year. I hope we maintain that going forward and only tweak the away jersey. I’m sick of these terrible designs every two years.

Speaking of logo, I was at The Entrance Leagues Club recently. There logo is pretty much the same as Wests Tigers. Is there are connection between the two entities?

Disagree, leave the logo alone.

@alex:

@innsaneink:

Not quite … Gold Coast Titans ring a bell?

Based on the final 6 entries in the jersey design competition, it looks as if theyre trying to revert to a more traditional jersey next year. I hope we maintain that going forward and only tweak the away jersey. I’m sick of these terrible designs every two years.

Spot on.

I’d love a time when the only way you can tell what season a wests jersey is from is by the sponsors on it.

Disagree big time. . We have the best logo.

No need for a magpie. On the main logo.

@owley girl:

Speaking of logo, I was at The Entrance Leagues Club recently. There logo is pretty much the same as Wests Tigers. Is there are connection between the two entities?

Its been used by many Tiger teams

Forgot about the Titans, theyre easily forgettable - QLD trash

Maybe we could have a tiger delivering the mail on a motorbike with an ice cream container on its head and being swooped by a magpie……

Or Maybe not.

No Magpie….we are the Wests Tigers.

The Tiger must stay…

Change the board not the logo!!! :sign:

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.