Chris Lawrence

• Banned

Was good to seem him back and he seemed fired up ready to go. Although needed more involvement but to be expected first game back. Think it was a good move by the coach to not rush him back from injury like he usually always is… How was he used tonight? where the 3 centres out there? How much game time? He looked very determined in defence… Glad to see him back 😃 … I’m also a BMM fan boy

• I also thought it was a little hard to tell how he was being used. Seemed like a wide backrower and also centre but a bit hard to tell on TV.

• Banned

Ayshford played backrow… Lawrence was left centre

• definitely wasnt centre.
    i hope they persist with him as an 11 or 12. he is exactly what we need out wide.
    but promising signs.

• I see a lot of Luke Lewis in Chris Lawrence. I could see him playing a similar role to what Lewis played at the Panthers.

That being said, I an still hoping (perhaps vainly) that CW can recover his form at centre. IMHO he was the best centre in the world in 2010.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• @alexaki:

Dont think so. Seemed like Reddy and Lawrence were alternating positions on the left edge. Centre and a bit closer infield.

• 100% he was playing wide second rower and reddy remained centre and simona remained on the wing. i thought there would be some swapping going on here and there but it was kept very minimal.

didnt think he deserved to be put on report though. i wasnt listening to the commentary- just watched it and didnt see him being put on report, howerever post match stuff says he was.

• Banned

@tig_prmz:

100% he was playing wide second rower and reddy remained centre and simona remained on the wing. i thought there would be some swapping going on here and there but it was kept very minimal.

didnt think he deserved to be put on report though. i wasnt listening to the commentary- just watched it and didnt see him being put on report, howerever post match stuff says he was.

it was a great hit - he got him.

• Banned

@Danoss:

@alexaki:

Dont think so. Seemed like Reddy and Lawrence were alternating positions on the left edge. Centre and a bit closer infield.

Yeh i saw reddy out of the centres a few times also.

• It was a good clean hit and didn’t even deserve being penalised.

• Thought it was a good game from him today.

• Played decent for first game back can see him becoming that impact off the bench.

• I hope Potter gives him the same role next week - coming off the bench and playing as a wide backrower suits him and it’s best for the team right now. He shouldn’t be usurping a centre position in his second game back from a long layoff, especially given his prior form this season.

• He seemed to be playing just on the left fringe. He and Reddy were swapping at various times but I would say he was a back-rower with Fulton moving to hooker.

• Banned

@southerntiger:

That being said, I an still hoping (perhaps vainly) that CW can recover his form at centre. IMHO he was the best centre in the world in 2010.

Really? I think Chris is overrated as a center and should have been moved from there a while ago. He has good front on defence but laterally he is an easy beat. He has always been a pretty poor defender like this. Remember when he first hit grade? Sheens put him on the wing and he scored many tries. It looked like a master stroke but I am sure it was designed to hide him in defence. If he still had his pace that is where I would play him. However he doesnt so a LL type clone will work for now.

As for the best center in the world….not even in the top 5 mate. He had a lot of competition - not just from NSW but Queensland especially and then NZ and GB. He wasnt in that class for mine.

Recent Topics