Chris Lawrence

Was good to seem him back and he seemed fired up ready to go. Although needed more involvement but to be expected first game back. Think it was a good move by the coach to not rush him back from injury like he usually always is… How was he used tonight? where the 3 centres out there? How much game time? He looked very determined in defence… Glad to see him back 😃 … I’m also a BMM fan boy

I also thought it was a little hard to tell how he was being used. Seemed like a wide backrower and also centre but a bit hard to tell on TV.

Ayshford played backrow… Lawrence was left centre

definitely wasnt centre.
i hope they persist with him as an 11 or 12. he is exactly what we need out wide.
but promising signs.

I see a lot of Luke Lewis in Chris Lawrence. I could see him playing a similar role to what Lewis played at the Panthers.

That being said, I an still hoping (perhaps vainly) that CW can recover his form at centre. IMHO he was the best centre in the world in 2010.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

@alexaki:

Dont think so. Seemed like Reddy and Lawrence were alternating positions on the left edge. Centre and a bit closer infield.

100% he was playing wide second rower and reddy remained centre and simona remained on the wing. i thought there would be some swapping going on here and there but it was kept very minimal.

didnt think he deserved to be put on report though. i wasnt listening to the commentary- just watched it and didnt see him being put on report, howerever post match stuff says he was.

@tig_prmz:

100% he was playing wide second rower and reddy remained centre and simona remained on the wing. i thought there would be some swapping going on here and there but it was kept very minimal.

didnt think he deserved to be put on report though. i wasnt listening to the commentary- just watched it and didnt see him being put on report, howerever post match stuff says he was.

it was a great hit - he got him.

@Danoss:

@alexaki:

Dont think so. Seemed like Reddy and Lawrence were alternating positions on the left edge. Centre and a bit closer infield.

Yeh i saw reddy out of the centres a few times also.

It was a good clean hit and didn’t even deserve being penalised.

Thought it was a good game from him today.

Played decent for first game back can see him becoming that impact off the bench.

I hope Potter gives him the same role next week - coming off the bench and playing as a wide backrower suits him and it’s best for the team right now. He shouldn’t be usurping a centre position in his second game back from a long layoff, especially given his prior form this season.

He seemed to be playing just on the left fringe. He and Reddy were swapping at various times but I would say he was a back-rower with Fulton moving to hooker.

@southerntiger:

That being said, I an still hoping (perhaps vainly) that CW can recover his form at centre. IMHO he was the best centre in the world in 2010.

Really? I think Chris is overrated as a center and should have been moved from there a while ago. He has good front on defence but laterally he is an easy beat. He has always been a pretty poor defender like this. Remember when he first hit grade? Sheens put him on the wing and he scored many tries. It looked like a master stroke but I am sure it was designed to hide him in defence. If he still had his pace that is where I would play him. However he doesnt so a LL type clone will work for now.

As for the best center in the world….not even in the top 5 mate. He had a lot of competition - not just from NSW but Queensland especially and then NZ and GB. He wasnt in that class for mine.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.