7 does not go in to 4

• Given the acquisition of Pat Richards for next year, and the great performance of our younger outside backs this year, we’ve got a good selection headache for 2014.

Ayshford and Lawrence are the incumbent centres. Lawrence’s form has been questionable this year. Ayshford has been solid without being fantastic.

Reddy has also been solid but I have him against Ayshford.

Simona took a few weeks to warm into his role but given his performances of the last few weeks, he can’t be dropped.

Nofoaluma - nothing needs to be said. Has been our best back the last month and must keep his spot this year if his current form continues.

Koroibete - we’ve seen what he can do but IMO his form has been all over the place this year. Very much rocks and diamonds. Needs to show some consistency and do the small things right.

I haven’t seen much of Richards in the ESL but given our current depth I can’t see where he fits in unfortunately.

So the question is, who misses out?

• To be honest…

1. Tedesco
    2. Koroibete
    3. Nofoaluama
    4. Simona
    5. Naiyavaro

Richards, Ayshford and Reddy for depth or out of form players. But Naiyavaro is a must to debut before we lose him to Sharks or any other club that loves our juniors.

• @Milky:

To be honest…

1. Tedesco
    2. Koroibete
    3. Nofoaluama
    4. Simona
    5. Naiyavaro

Richards, Ayshford and Reddy for depth or out of form players. But Naiyavaro is a must to debut before we lose him to Sharks or any other club that loves our juniors.

He’s not proven in first grade yet. Will hold off on proclaiming him a certain starter yet

• PS Apologies, probably in the wrong section

• i said it in another thread but i think koro will start in state cup next year if he’s re-signed.

so far we have aysh, lawrence, simona, richards, moltzen and nofoaluma re-signed for next year.

that leaves reddy, koro and mr.t to battle it out for 1/2 position tops.

• We should be so thankful. Our riches of capable backs can only lead to excellence all round.

• 2013 the year of injury …can,t have enough in the ranks!

• I think only 2 of these guys are certain starters. Nofa and Richards.

2. Nofoaluma
    3. Richards

It’s a toss of the coin with the other guys. I eliminate Koro due to his rocks and diamonds form and play him in state cup. Reddy is off contract and no guarantee to sign on again. Lawrence Has fitness issues to contend with but it he stays fit his form should improve and he’s a walk up starter. For me Ayshford and Simona’s chances hinge on the above but they are good enough to start. Big decsions ahead for Potter.

• Definitely a good position to be in.
    Let’s just hope it will be form based meshed with some experience.
    Agree with OP that Nofo is definitely looking the best to keep his spot atm. Richards/Lawrence would be a waste not to have somewhere (we need some experience).
    Best part is that the oldest is 26 other than Reddy who we really shouldn’t be relying on next year (not going to win us premierships just a stop-gap solution).

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Ayshford to become an apprentice forward. Richards, Koro, Nofo, Simona and Lawrence in the mix. Do not write off Jay Hitchcock(?) either. Very good and promising player, who, unlike Ayshford will pass the ball and is very quick.

• hahaha hitchcox

• I would like to see Lawrence move to the forwards. Someone here recently made the comparison between him and Luke Lewis, I think that can happen if Chris gets his defence back to where it was. Reddy and Ayshford to play NSW Cup as depth players.
    Someone might have to play out of position though, ie. a winger in the centres.
    I would like to see Taqele in first grade, but at the expense of who?

• Hitchcox should be right in the mix he is as said damn fast and has a real go. Will be interesting to see how he goes up against a very experienced player in Tahu this weekend

• Banned

Watching state cup the other day Hitchcox looked good.

• @stevetiger:

Watching state cup the other day Hitchcox looked good.

yeh, he really did. i rarely get to see the lower grades (in WA) but we had all 3 grades on foxtel last sat. he looked really good.

as for richards, well i have to confess to wondering why they even signed him again?! i mean, he was great to get that flick pass, and could kick it 80m from kickoff, but really, why did they bring him back?
    i actually think reddy has been going really well lately. whatever you think of a player, the only true value they have is how they are playing. and as critical i felt about him when he first came to the tiges, i think he is now one of the most dependable players they have. i like him.
    same as last year: beau ryan just looks like a nothing player, but last year he was fantastic. i was gutted when they let him go.
    as for that monster winger in the nsw cup, well, he just looks like he could be the next big thing (pardon the pun) next year.
    he is massive! if i were still playing, i would be thinking “im glad i dont have to tackle that guy!!!”

Recent Topics