Lawrence future

• I have been very critical of Chris this year, but he was always one of my favourite Tigers so I want to see him continue on with our club as a player where his experience can be utilised to help nurture our youngsters.
    The only real option I can see is that he becomes the backup to Farah. If Potter had a quality backup for Farah he could reduce Farah’s game time to help his longevity in the game, without affecting the team when Farah is rested. Chris then also adds some utility options to the bench. He was always a good defensive centre, but poor form and the hip injury have really seen his confidence levels drop leading to poor decisions.

Just my thoughts as I really would like to see Chris continue on with us but not as a starting centre!

• Banned

Well its a thought from left field thats for sure…Chris Lawrence hooker…i dont see it happening myself

• he was the one who provided service to benji when he took that field goal from 50 m out. so maybe who knows?

• He’s strength has always been his running game, not his passing game. If he was to lose his spot in the centers, the backrow will always be the next best spot for him in my opinion.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• He he was moved to the forwards I could see him at lock rather than hooker.

• Forward/back utility off the bench solid hard running and tackling for 45-50 mins of the game. Will give spark 10-15 mins before half time running wide. Love the guy sad he got the terrible injury. Imo this is best way in using chris.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• I’d like to see him lose some bulk and try and get back down to about 94kg. That’s when we saw Rowdy at his explosive best and it may be just what he needs. He looks too bulky and immobile at 100kg.

• I actually thought he looked slimmer last night Willow, at least compared to earlier in the year.

• @LaT:

I actually thought he looked slimmer last night Willow, at least compared to earlier in the year.

I thought that myself.

• For me there are two options. As willow said, he can drop a few kilos and see what that does for him. He needs a pre season where he focuses on the lower body. However the other options is to focus on the upper body and become a second rower. I think he’s got the frame for it. Just needs more upper body mass. Some very interesting times ahead for Chris. Lets see what the rest of this season does. Hopefully now that he’s fit again for the first time since round 3, he can build some form and find his mojo.

• @sheer64:

I have been very critical of Chris this year, but he was always one of my favourite Tigers so I want to see him continue on with our club as a player where his experience can be utilised to help nurture our youngsters.
    The only real option I can see is that he becomes the backup to Farah. If Potter had a quality backup for Farah he could reduce Farah’s game time to help his longevity in the game, without affecting the team when Farah is rested. Chris then also adds some utility options to the bench. He was always a good defensive centre, but poor form and the hip injury have really seen his confidence levels drop leading to poor decisions.

Just my thoughts as I really would like to see Chris continue on with us but not as a starting centre!

just thinking why would you want Farah off the field ?

• He has no kicking game,his passing game is not great, he has never shown much in the way of organizing skills. He is a very good hole runner so no9 would be the very last position I would groom him for

• He was definitely slimmer and looked better for it. I also thought he was hitting the line harder as well.

I’d like to see him work on his core strength with a focus on Pilates and yoga. This may assist with Speed, balance and lateral movement. I think it also may assist with his hamstrings.

I really think he should limit the weights next pre-season

• He will come good. It’s a game to game proposition for most guys in the team atm.

• Banned

he had great shoulder contact last night. was hitting the hardest in the team. Also think bodene brings a lot to the team

Recent Topics