Brooks

• Heard while watching the telecast of Holden Cup word around Concord was he would be playing if not for the 2nd tier salary cap

Can anyone closer to the club confirm?

I havn’t seen alot of him but he was very impressive - esp that dropout

• I said this 2 weeks ago,but was shouted down as wrong,I stand by my earlier post,we need an injury in the halves for him to play as we are on our max on 2nd tier cap.

• Just looking at his stats.

The good: 1 try, 1 offload, 7 tackle breaks, 1 line break, 2 line break assists, 2 try assists

The bad: 12 tackles with 6 missed and 1 inefficient.

• @LaT:

Just looking at his stats.

The good: 1 try, 1 offload, 7 tackle breaks, 1 line break, 2 line break assists, 2 try assists

The bad: 12 tackles with 6 missed and 1 inefficient.

There were some big boys in that Canberra side and they did target him. Watching the game i didnt think he defended poorly. There was a lot of missed tackles by the Tigers in the first half.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• I don’t think his quite there yet if true can only work to our benefit long term. More experience and a full preseason with 1st grade can’t be a bad thing. In saying that would love to see how he goes at leat one game this year.

• Good prospect have him in top 25 for next season. First half the season nsw cup with the view of blooding him in firsts slowly. Just my opinion shoot me down if you like :slight_smile:

• Im with you mate. I wouldnt play him until next year. We will then have a more experienced pack which will also help with his transition.

• I understand people wanting to wait.

But there is also the school of thought that by giving him a taste later this year might help him adjust and be more prepared for next year.

As long as Potter does the right thing by the team and Brooks, I’ll be happy either way.

• i just dont see how he will gain much experience or be able to do anything behind a beaten forward pack. we constantly get beaten in the forwards. then, when he isnt able to do much- people will be calling for his head.

i think we need to have some patience. develop our forwards this year. make them win the ruck consistently, then blood brooks in off the back of that through injury/suspensions. sirro and benji are doing OK atm and with anasta as back up, we wont be needing brooks this year.

• Experience is still experience even if its bad.

Debuting and getting the unknown out of the way can steady his expectation and allow him a better mental preparation.

Better the devil you know.

• The kid is a star, making him wait might be a blessing in disguise, playing nrl too early might take a toll on his body.
    As for the missing/ineffective tackles he was taking on the big second rower whose name escapes me, he continually stopped him but fell off eventually, each time the job was done enough.
    obviously this doesn’t account for all miss tackles, but I thought and think his defense is fine

• for a halfback, it’s a lot about confidence. reynolds who imo is not a superstar and a pretty average halfback is doing good coz of the forward pack and now he is getting better at the back of that. same with DCE- although DCE has a bucket load of talent.

i think that’s what’s happned to miller as well though. at nyc- his forwards did a tremendous job but our first graders failed to do that and consequently miller came under fire.

for a halfback imo, confidence>experience. he’s a smart footy player, it wont take him long to adapt to the nrl standards at all imo

• @Goose:

The kid is a star, making him wait might be a blessing in disguise, playing nrl too early might take a toll on his body.
    As for the missing/ineffective tackles he was taking on the big second rower whose name escapes me, he continually stopped him but fell off eventually, each time the job was done enough.
    obviously this doesn’t account for all miss tackles, but I thought and think his defense is fine

yep that as well.

• Its all about what benefits his development. There are pluses and minuses to either approach.

I’m happy with either one as long as its in his best interest.

• The thing that impressed me most about his performance yesterday came around halfway through the second half.

Brooks had a little scuffle with a Raiders player after he ran through to try and ground a kick that went through into the in goal area. The contact between the two players was a little heavy and they came out of it holding each other by the jersey before more Raiders and Tigers players joined in. Nothing untoward happened but tensions shortly after were definitely more heated, with big Raiders players running hard at Brooks. The Raiders scored soon after.

There was every possibility the Tigers could have gotten frustrated and let their emotions get the better of them. Then Brooks’ class showed. We had a 20m dropout which Brooks sent flying downfield towards the sideline. It bounced over the line and the Tigers had a scrum 30m out from the Raiders line. That set, the Tigers went over (can’t remember if it was Brooks, it may have been).

At a crucial point in the game where things easily could have spun wildly out of control for the Tigers, Brooks stepped in with a huge play and got the Tigers back on top.

ALL CLASS!

Recent Topics