Stuart fined.... again

• 15K for this

http://www.nrl.com/rd-15-press-conference-eels/tabid/10959/contentid/557221/default.aspx

The NRL will issue the Parramatta Eels with a breach notice outlining a $15,000 fine in relation to coach Ricky Stuart’s post-match comments.

The breach notice relates to Stuart’s comments at the post-match media conference regarding the performance of the on-field match officials as well as NRL Referees Elite Performance Manager Daniel Anderson.

“There are clear guidelines for coaches and officials in regards to commenting on decisions and they do not permit an attack on a match official’s character or integrity,” NRL General Manager of Football Operations, Mr Nathan McGuirk, said today.

“To question the competency of the match officials and the head of the referees in that manner is not acceptable.”

The Eels will have five working days to make submissions in relation to the breach notice.

• Ricky wasn’t in breach of any guidelines was he? He said that he disagreed with what they were doing, not their competency, not their character and not their integrity.

Bloody NRL.

That other rant was fair, 10k and he knew it but this is over the top.

• Theyre so precious, Anderson & co.

I know its not an easy job, but you only need to go back as far as our last game, an error EVERYONE could see was wrong bar the fool with the whistle almost cost us a game

I dont agree with Stickys tactics, he needs to lead - but the refs association is accountable to no - one.
    Thats wrong

• Stuart is a pea brain.

• I see nothing wrong with what Stuart said.
    Although I hardly ever do when these things come up.
    I don’t see why criticism of referees is not allowed. It’s as though they are a protected species…
    If they’ve done a rubbish job (which is far too often) then they should have to cop any criticism they get, just like everybody else does.

Some of them are just plain incompetent at being an NRL referee and deserve all the criticism they get. It’s time the NRL sided with the coaches and sack the referees who are constantly stuffing up.

• Banned

Stuart is a rubbish coach… He talks about teaching his team to be disciplined yet he can’t walk the talk… This is all a diversion to distract what a lousy coach he really is Parra for the spoon in 2013 &2014

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• I’m with you Alexi, no wonder we never won a SOO with him as coach

• Another win for the ‘Untouchables’. The men in pink should be more accountable for their abysmal performances.
    Good on you Ricky! Someone has to stand up to them…I just hope you have a good sponsor…costing heaps…lol.
    Seriously though, he raised a good point the first time he was fined when he said the further down the ladder you are the more penalised you get…or something along those lines, and I’m sure we can all relate to that with our own club!

• i dont get all the hatred towards im tbh… wouldve loved him at our club

• Maybe the refs should do a presser after each game & explain the crap calls cough raiders try against us

• Banned

@Robz:

Maybe the refs should do a presser after each game & explain the crap calls cough raiders try against us

I like it

• Remove Stuart from the equation, what he speaks of are the same issues we have faced eg that game vs Melbourne.

Some teams get it better than others, it’s not how good they are, they get 40/60 calls their way.

It’s absolute bollox he got fined, such a joke.

• Remove Stuart from the equation, what he speaks of are the same issues we have faced eg that game vs Melbourne.

Some teams get it better than others, it’s not how good they are, they get 40/60 calls their way.

It’s absolute bollox he got fined, such a joke.

• Refs doing pressers is absurd, it would just be a complete carve up with journos going after every little mistake they made. It would achieve absolutely nothing. I can just imagine it now:

Journo: so what happened with this call
    Ref: yeah I got it wrong
    repeat 20 times

As for Ricky, I don’t call him the most gracious loser in the NRL for nothing, he never owns his failures and always pins it on the refs, his rap sheet is getting ridiculous.

• I like the rating system used by the ICC Umpires and TCCB County umpires

Have the Dickie Bird autobiography and he covers it in detail

Each captain rates each umpire who officiates their games and if you score below a particular average for the season you were gone and they would bring the up and comers through

At least you have to earn your place every season

Ricky complains too much about the refs , so whatever point he is trying to make gets diluted

Why all the coaches and captains can’t watch the games every week and make judgements on the referees can’t be that hard , can it ??

Recent Topics