GAVET?/?

heard a few weeks ago he would return in round 16, but not heard or read anything since anyone got any updates. With big red back in 2-4 weeks would be nice see what Mr gavet has to offer.
also any update on lote or has he died and gone to Jamica!!!

@bp tiger:

heard a few weeks ago he would return in round 16, but not heard or read anything since anyone got any updates. With big red back in 2-4 weeks would be nice see what Mr gavet has to offer.

Gavet seems to be the West Tigers’ mystery man. Doubts have been raised as to whether he exists.

@bp tiger:

(not so) funny. Lote back in 3 weeks. Sauce the same. Gavet was coming along nicely but suffered an infection….back to indefinite…

Big wraps on this guy I was interested to see how he goes,but not sure he is contracted beyond this season could be another younger version of cayless……

@The_Doc:

Big wraps on this guy I was interested to see how he goes,but not sure he is contracted beyond this season could be another younger version of cayless……

we re-signed him a weeks ago im pretty sure. thats what it says on zerotackle

i heard about this infection to gavet weeks ago , fair dinkum do we have doctors and medical staff or quacks fixing our guys up , injuries and recovery in this club is terrible , clean out , clean out , clean out Mr Potter

Bugger, another set back. Hopefully he doesn’t let it get him down and only makes him more determined.

Will be nice to see how Gavat and Marty Tapau go next year, both promising talents eager for a start.

@andrew 474:

i heard about this infection to gavet weeks ago , fair dinkum do we have doctors and medical staff or quacks fixing our guys up , injuries and recovery in this club is terrible , clean out , clean out , clean out Mr Potter

really how do u get a infection this far into a injury, as stated above the medical team at the tigers is a disgrace.
so anyone know the new return dated, maybe 2020 lol.

Stumbled on this by chance on a fan’s FB page;

Gavet Living Groundhog Day ……
We Are Wests Tigers.
Monday July 1, 2013.

Wests Tigers prop James Gavet is set to return in just 2 weeks time after sustaining what many thought was a season ending injury to his right foot.

… James suffered an off field incident injuring his right foot with what is known as a Liz Franc injury which takes up to five months or sometimes longer to heal.

A Liz Franc injury is a dislocation in the mid foot area. "With my first operation they had to put two screws in my foot to close the dislocation. Wait for the joint in between to heal and then take them out.

"The second operation was the removal of the screws. This took a week and a half before the stitches were taken out. Once the stitches came out I could start walking properly and putting weight and pressure on my foot.

“Then two weeks after that I could start running, then another two weeks later I could run and change angles and then one more week later I could start contact work.” said James.

That’s all in the past now with James looking to start in the NSW cup team in as little as 2 weeks and with all his rigorous training preparations is feeling a little like living in ‘ground hog day’

“I can’t wait to get back on the field.” said an enthusiastic James.

Although whilst being on the injury list James insisted, "We still have to train. For instance with my injury it’s my foot so my upper body still works so I have to go to training and work from the waist up.

“The exercises I am doing is everything except contact stuff. So I can do weights, cycling, rowing, grinder work, skiing, boxing, everything but the cardio work that the rest of the team does outside. I still have to go to training with my team and I still have to be present at all the games here in Sydney but if the team is travelling I have to stay back and keep training.”

Mick Potter was impressed with James and his attitude prior to his injury. Potter said the enthusiasm Gavet had shown since joining the Club prior to the Christmas break had stepped up another level.

“I like some of the things James does,’’ Potter said.

“He still has got a few things to work on. James is quiet on the field and needs to get a little more vocal. He is still feeling his way with what we are doing here."

We Are Wests Tigers wish James all the best and hope to see him on the field playing as well as training for the Wests Tigers. I am sure James will be looking forward in joining fellow team mate and house mate Ava Seumanufagai very soon.

It will be good to see him go around in a few weeks time, should be a good addition to the state cup squad and if he smashes it there he might get a run off the bench late in the season.

It’s a nice piece… even if the quotes from Gavet are taken from another article published nearly two months ago… 😕

http://www.athletesofexcellence.org/1/post/2013/05/-james-gavet-injury-prone.html

Another hopeful. Has the size Potter says he has the attitude can’t wait to see him out there.

He’s an exciting prospect. Hopefully he can be an impact bench player come the end of the season!

Anyone who is interested can read the big fellas tweets at https://www.twitter.com/GavetJames

You can find other players as well with a bit if digging.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.