Benji playing 7

• Banned

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-display/Marshall-ready-to-take-on-worlds-best/77942

I think that it is pretty obvious that Benji has been playing at 7 and he mentions it here as well.

Personally I think he has too because he lacks that explosive pace and zip that he had when he came into first grade. He needs to play controlled or maybe better put get rid of the crud plays in his game as well. I think last week showed how good he can be. He doesn’t have to make busts all the time. He just has to play solid footy which means predominantly taking the right option and not making mistakes.

I think though they should just give him the 7 jersey. I don’t see why they keep calling him our 6 when he isn’t playing there.

• I think it’s because he has a back rower partnering him in the halves and no hooker or fullback which leaves him the sole remnant of our spine.

But, the lack of acceleration is probably a factor too. I disagree when people say he’s lost his pace and thats why he doesn’t have a running game, as a youngster he was never a fijian flyer or anything he just had acceleration and a step. Even that 05 GF try he got wrapped up quickly by bowen forcing him to offload. Watch a 2005 highlights video and you’ll see him chased down by many many people.

• His loss of pace was obvious on his run after picking up the loose ball he picked up on our goal line against the Raiders. Commentators seemed a bit shocked actually. Compare that with the ball he picked up and ran 80 metres with in the Broncos semi final 2005.

• been happening for years

anything goes

• Everyone seems to think that the 7 jersey belongs to the organising no nonsense half while the 6 belongs to the X factor half who can score from nothing. Have a look at the other teams. Titans have seizer at 6 and Kelly at 7 and seizer is definaetly the organising half.
    At the warriors Shaun Johnson’s 7 and hes not an organising half. The 6 and 7 jersey is swappable in almost all clubs because the number doesn’t determine how the player plays. So stop complaining about benji wearing the 6 it doesn’t freaken matter

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• @PYMBLEPETE:

His loss of pace was obvious on his run after picking up the loose ball he picked up on our goal line against the Raiders. Commentators seemed a bit shocked actually. Compare that with the ball he picked up and ran 80 metres with in the Broncos semi final 2005.

eh, he’s a bit slower but i think he’s lost his step more than his pace. 2010/11 he was slow but still dominated WITH a running game. Like that try against souths. Now, i have barely seen a step at all.

• They put him in 6 because the moment he gets picked wearing the 7 jersey, everyone complains. More than half of the people who complain don’t realise that he’s playing halfback as long as he has 6 on his back.

Regardless, he should be playing five-eighth. Watch any highlight package of his career, he’s more dangerous out wide. The only problem with that - we haven’t had a halfback since Scott Prince.

• I actually think there must now be something in his contract!
    I know this sounds silly, but Paul kent and Tim
    Sheens alluded to this point on nrl 360 a while back and sort of rolled their eyes, without getting to deep into it.

• @PYMBLEPETE:

His loss of pace was obvious on his run after picking up the loose ball he picked up on our goal line against the Raiders. Commentators seemed a bit shocked actually. Compare that with the ball he picked up and ran 80 metres with in the Broncos semi final 2005.

• He is def playing like a traditional 7.

I couldnt care less what number he wears,I think he just likes wearing the 6.

Sirro was outside him alnight and played the traditional 6 spot.

Regarding his pace,I think his injury is still affecting him somewhat,with the complete lack of running and step.

Fingers crossed we will see both asap.

• In the modern game the difference between 6 and 7 is alot closer to it sed to be.

Alot of sides simply left and right, in that case in it is exactly the same, one usally does a bit more talking and kicking, but, even sometimes that is split pretty evenly.

• @Goose:

In the modern game the difference between 6 and 7 is alot closer to it sed to be.

Alot of sides simply left and right, in that case in it is exactly the same, one usally does a bit more talking and kicking, but, even sometimes that is split pretty evenly.

You’ve got me at 6s & 7s.

Recent Topics