Can we still be a force? yes we can

• For giggles I did a NRL predictor taking into account losses against souths, the roosters, and manly. (reckon we can beat the Storm this weekend, and win the rest feasibly)

without changing up any of my choices after the fact, (i.e stacking the deck, all my picks were gut picks based on position on the table and form) we made the 8…. albeit just.

1. Rabbitohs 24 20 0 4 2 370 217 46
    2. Roosters 24 19 0 5 2 333 186 44
    3. Storm 24 18 1 5 2 327 208 43
    4. Eagles 24 15 1 8 2 259 181 39
    5. Sharks 24 13 0 11 2 235 230 34
    6. Titans 24 12 0 12 2 308 278 30
    7. Broncos 24 12 0 12 2 277 278 30
    8. Tigers 24 12 0 12 2 311 380 30
    9. Panthers 24 10 0 14 2 276 256 28
    10. Bulldogs 24 12 0 12 2 294 318 28
    11. Raiders 24 11 0 13 2 276 314 28
    12. Knights 24 9 0 15 2 292 255 24
    13. Cowboys 24 9 0 15 2 244 312 24
    14. Dragons 24 8 0 16 2 211 308 22
    15. Warriors 24 7 0 17 2 277 351 20
    16. Eels 24 4 0 20 2 215 433 14

There are some interesting rounds coming up, and the logger-jam in the middle of the table will get sorted out in the weeks just after Origin.

It’s not over yet guys. This might be the season we refer to in years gone by around the table at the pub.

:sign:

• I never count wests out until its mathematically impossible…and then I start hoping for mass salary breaches.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Were a massive chance tbh but we are building a good line up for next year with more signings to come.

• Been thinking about this since we got so many injuries in the early rounds as by fate or good fortune it gave MP a chance to try players that wouldn’t under normal circumstances get a chance to put pressure on the more experienced squad players and earn a full time starting squad position… thinking Sue, Nofu, Afa, Simona, Sirro here. IMO if Robbie & Benji don’t get injured and can sort out who runs the team from an attack perspective…and Galloway/Gavet returns, Woods is ok, Lawrence/Ayshford play to near their potential and the refs forget we are currently near the bottom of the ladder and give us a fair go we have the basis of a team now that could really put the pressure on in the last 10 rounds of the comp…and whilst I don’t think we are talking GF or premiership…I reckon we could give it decent shake

• Some teams are starting to hit the injury wobbles now. Lets hope ours are over!

• We have 12 points atm… with 20 points left in play, plus two we get for the bye

We’d need at least 28 points to make the 8. Meaning we need to win 7 or more of our remaining games along with our bye points to have enough points. (Forget about points difference.)

Off the top of my head…we can’t afford to lose more than 3 games. Looking at the fixture list I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

If we can upset the Storm and the Sharks and sneak into our last bye without another loss we might have a chance… but I think a run on the 8 is depending on one upset too many.

• That for and against is going to be the problem

A lot will depend on when Keefy and Bell can get back on the paddock

If Underdog is right and we finish on 30 points I would imagine we will end up possibly as high as 6th or 7th

• Please boys. You are all dreaming. We should be concentrating on avoiding the spoon

• @happy tiger:

That for and against is going to be the problem

A lot will depend on when Keefy and Bell can get back on the paddock

If Underdog is right and we finish on 30 points I would imagine we will end up possibly as high as 6th or 7th

Agree on the differential…could be a big problem when push comes to shove.

Speaking of push comes to shove mate. Best wishes for tomorrow nigh. Not

• @ball main:

Please boys. You are all dreaming. We should be concentrating on avoiding the spoon

We might just be peaking late - extremely late… 😛 Our team will be strongest and fittest come the end of the year, where other teams are starting to fall apart now.

• @tigersrule4life:

Were a massive chance tbh but we are building a good line up for next year with more signings to come.

are u hoping for more signings or to u know something that the rest of us dont.and in what ares will the signings be , backs or forwards or a bit of both.

• I’m doubtful, 10th is my prediction. Our point difference will be extremely hard to reverse so we either have to flog a couple of teams by 30 or beat two top 4 teams. Souths are untouchable, so… i cant see it happening.

• Whist there is life there is hope.Couple of straight wins and it will give the players something to play for.It would make it really interesting.

• To be completely honest. I’m not even thinking finals this year. If it happens it’s a big bonus for us. I’m more worried about the next game and watching our rookies compete and improve. Given the injuries this season has had, I’ve just taken the pressure off our boys and let them play football. Mathematically we can obviously still make it but i’m not getting my hopes up.

• as long as we don’t get the spoon and finish the season competitively

Recent Topics