Nathan Merrit

I know its early in the game but we now see why Merritt has never played SOO - what a terrible read in defence.

Some here were blowing up about Ferguson being selected ahead of him in game one. Chalk and cheese.

I would have gone for Taufua over Merritt, stronger player all round IMO.

WOW… thats all i can say

Worst half of football by an individual in my Origin memory.
I think he’s earned a big red line through his name for future selections.
Not surprised though, we all knew he would be targeted.

Wouldnt matter who you had out there. Queensland has blown 4 scoring opportunities. Score should be in the high 20’s.

Only blueman having a go is Fifita. The rest better change their attitude fast or she’ll be a flogging.

hope they put woods back out there soon. fifita and woods will loolk good

maloney needs to get the boot and reynolds should be there now.

farah needs to lift his game, too many stupid options in the opp. 20.

Merritt was dreadful. He should never play rep footy again. I thought Maloney was very poor too. Falling off tackles all night and some stupid penalties.

@Tbone:

Merritt was dreadful. He should never play rep footy again. I thought Maloney was very poor too. Falling off tackles all night and some stupid penalties.

x 2 every word , Merrit will treasure that blues jersey cause that will be his last. I knew this was gonna happen CAN’T DEFEND.

@stryker:

Wouldnt matter who you had out there. Queensland has blown 4 scoring opportunities. Score should be in the high 20’s.

Only blueman having a go is Fifita. The rest better change their attitude fast or she’ll be a flogging.

Did matter - Merrit useless like we all thought .
As usual in QLD the referees gave the game to the home side

@cktiger:

haha trust you to trot out the same dribble about the refs…did you notice we had a bloke sin binned for getting punched in the head?
You are a sore loser pal.

@stryker:

@cktiger:

haha trust you to trot out the same dribble about the refs…did you notice we had a bloke sin binned for getting punched in the head?
You are a sore loser pal.

Dont think that affected the game in the same way.
Should have been no one in the bin - and if you take that line then Bird shouldn’t have gone either.
Maybe a sore loser but can see we we get short sheeted by a ref overawed by the situation.

Refs won the QLDers the first half, but we lost the 2nd half by ourselves. No gelling of plays, no go forward no anything. QLD won it and would have won it with proper reffing but you can’t deny that it WAS poor reffing.

We better play a lot better Game III else we’ll be seeing 8 in a row.

@pHyR3:

Refs won the QLDers the first half, but we lost the 2nd half by ourselves. No gelling of plays, no go forward no anything. QLD won it and would have won it with proper reffing but you can’t deny that it WAS poor reffing.

We better play a lot better Game III else we’ll be seeing 8 in a row.

Someone with common sense and fairness mind you if the refs affect the first quarter it has put a mindset on all players and the game overall thats the problem with the game the power the regs have

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.