False Hope

• Banned

Unfortunately, I think us NSW fans were given a bit of false hope for a series win after game one, but tonight we were well and truly handed a footballing lesson. I seriously cannot ever see NSW winning a series again - well not for many, many years anyway.

• My thoughts exactly Flip. Before tonight I could see our forwards rolling over the top of theirs, but after seeing that garbage we dished up, I can’t see Queensland winning any less than ten straight.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Laurie Daley is a no no for coach , Gus Gould would be the only one to turn this around .
    Merrit is not an Origin player and was proven that tonight , can’t defend for peanuts , What is the the point of Josh Reynolds what did he add when he came on F-all .

• @foreveratiger:

Laurie Daley is a no no for coach , Gus Gould would be the only one to turn this around .
    Merrit is not an Origin player and was proven that tonight , can’t defend for peanuts , What is the the point of Josh Reynolds what did he add when he came on F-all .

Agree, i said it from day one Daley is a useless. Time for new selectors. While Merritt was dreadful, not to many other blues where any better and finally on Reynolds your right, why wasn’t Farah back out there when it was 11 on 11.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Banned

Unfortunately, the NSW press is responsible for this. The blues were very good in the first 40 of game 1 but they lost the second half which is very rarely mentioned and QLD were way off their game for whatever reason.

The problem is, NSW put in 100% for 1 game each year and when they do, the media builds them up to be something they are not. They scream from the roof tops that this is our year. The trick is to win the series and then start gloating.

I was a little worried at halftime in game 1 but at fulltime I thought we were close and my confidence returned.I picked us to win by 21 tonight, we got there by 20 but really, we were a 30 point better side I thought.

The parameters will adjust again for game three. You will have a record crowd there and a good chance of winning…but…this QLD side is not finished yet and you will have to be at the very top of your game to win. Its going to be interesting.

• No team will win any match when they can’t touch the ball for the first 20 minutes. That was the most one-sided opening to a rugby league game I’ve ever seen.

• Don’t forget game 1 we were almost as impressive.
    They just dominated the first 20 a bit more + merrit.

Even the last 20 of the first half having mad 80 more tackles our attack and structure looked good.

I think the bigger problem is everyone throwing their hands up like its all over, they won at home and are probably the 60% better team, but thats what happens when u get a bunch of superstars.

It will be 1-2 point decider again game 3! bring it on!

ps. Why did slater not get penalised on the first kick i think? He was called offside by the ref at least 5m and he continues to run and make the tackle? (cronk definately did not run him onside)

p.p.s Fk thurston why kick for goal. Would’ve won the $100 work score pick with QLD 24- NSW 6

• Banned

I am upbeat re NSW chances this year. As far as I was concerned NSW were on a hiding to nothing last night, and it was no surprise that we were outplayed. Lets be honest, Qld played very close to perfect football for the majority of the game, and I strongly doubt that they will replicate this form in game 3.

• Banned

I thought I was watching a Tigers game last night….constantly struggling to make yards out of our own 20; poor 5th tackle options; poor kicking game…

The Queenslanders really showed what a classy team they are when they turn up to play…the Blues just didn’t show up…who will turn up to play in game 3?..the only way the Blues will win is if we are perfect and they are off…

• tackle count after 20 minutes was something to the tune of Qld 30, NSW 120.

Game, set and match right there.

• Banned

one of the worst NSW displays in the past 8 years and there’s been a lot of crap in those 8 years.

• Always strange to see people so willing to jump ship.

This is what Origin is made of.

• @stryker:

Unfortunately, the NSW press is responsible for this. The blues were very good in the first 40 of game 1 but they lost the second half which is very rarely mentioned and QLD were way off their game for whatever reason.

The problem is, NSW put in 100% for 1 game each year and when they do, the media builds them up to be something they are not. They scream from the roof tops that this is our year. The trick is to win the series and then start gloating.

I was a little worried at halftime in game 1 but at fulltime I thought we were close and my confidence returned.I picked us to win by 21 tonight, we got there by 20 but really, we were a 30 point better side I thought.

The parameters will adjust again for game three. You will have a record crowd there and a good chance of winning…but…this QLD side is not finished yet and you will have to be at the very top of your game to win. Its going to be interesting.

Pretty much this.

I’ve lost count over the yrs how many times NSW have won either game 1 or 2 and the media and public have carried on like the series was over and the job was done.

• While the result personally for me is disappointing, what I find hardest to cop is I believe we are now seeing the end of what made origin what it is……the NRL ARLC are bowing to the left wing, greenie, PC, do gooder, dreadlocked deadshits that whinge and moan about a few punches in our game
    Make it touch and be done with it.
    I’ll find something else to watch
    Becoming a joke

• There battle is uphill at 90 degrees.Wow those Queens Landers were good

Recent Topics