Slater facing suspension

Slater threw an elbow and then started cowering.

Reminded me of his cowardly scamper away from Skandalis at Leichhardt.

He and the woman basher are the only Derpland players I have any real issue with

@happy tiger:

If Slater doesn’t play ,half the NSW side shouldn’t play

Absolute pack of grubs of the highest order

So you find Slater’s actions acceptable. Well done.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

@tigermaniac:

@happy tiger:

he is face down with someone all over him , what is he expected to do ,just lay there ??

Slater has lost a lot of speed I noticed last night , might be the last series he plays SOO for Qld

@happy tiger:

@tigermaniac:

@happy tiger:

he is face down with someone all over him , what is he expected to do ,just lay there ??

Slater has lost a lot of speed I noticed last night , might be the last series he plays SOO for Qld

If you’re face down and someone is all over you, it’s called a tackle. You are expected to take the tackle, get up and play the ball. Not elbow the bloke in the face.

Yep. What a disgrace! Forget the fact we play Melbourne on Saturday. But how on earth do they decide Billy had no case to answer?? He forcefully lifted his elbow to strike Mitchell Pearce in the head. He knew what he was doing. It was just another in a career of cheap, unprovoked shots by Slater. I’m so sick the game protecting its star players when it comes to foul play. If that had been Merritt or Woods, they would’ve been suspended 100%.

@Stripes96:

@happy tiger:

@tigermaniac:

@happy tiger:

If you’re face down and someone is all over you, it’s called a tackle. You are expected to take the tackle, get up and play the ball. Not elbow the bloke in the face.

Last time I checked the opposition need to clear the ruck and if he doesn’t it is a penalty

Pearce didn’t clear the ruck and the rules state if he doesn’t he should be penalised

So why didn’t the ref penalise Pearce ??

it’s funny ,NSW don’t want to play by the rules of the game and then wonder why Qld then reacts when the refs do nothing

Don’t see anyone complaining about the fact that one NSW player threw a punch , but the first two players sent off were Qlders

At first I thought it was just him thrashing in the tackle, couldn’t understand what Pearce was carrying on about.

When the replay came up though it was a little more obvious, he does have a case to answer.

@Cultured Bogan:

At first I thought it was just him thrashing in the tackle, couldn’t understand what Pearce was carrying on about.

When the replay came up though it was a little more obvious, he does have a case to answer.

Look CB ,I’d understand if he can see him and he does it ,but he can’t see him

If he can’t see him ,how the bloody hell can he know where his head is

still comes back to the refs ,he should of penalised Pearce for not clearing the ruck ,the tackle was completed

So happy tiger you believe that Slaters actions were justified and the resultant split to the NSW players face purely accidental?

These days, the tackler should clear the ruck when the ref tells him too. Which he hadn’t. (Same as for when Tate pushed Gallen, the ref hadn’t called him off until then.)

Interestingly Slater seems to find himself involved in these controversial situations more often than most?

If you get sin binned at suspended for throwing a punch. You must either get sinbinned or suspended for intentionally elbowing someone in the face.

Its black and white.

The problem is, as I’ve said in other posts, the Storm are a protected species. Very rarely will they get punished for things which any other player or club will.

Billy is the king of this. The dirtiest player in the game. If he does play at Leichhardt I’m going to be heckling the crap out of him all game. But he must get suspended, especially for a player with his track record they must make an example of him. It’s just as bad as the punch!

@coffstiger:

So happy tiger you believe that Slaters actions were justified and the resultant split to the NSW players face purely accidental?

Yes purely accidental ,justified maybe not ,but it should never have got to that stage to begin with Coffs and that’s my point
Don’t blame Slater, blame the refs

Accidental ??? He knows exactly where the tacklers head is, of course he does, its always above yours. You dont accidently put your elbow way above your shoulder when on the ground, of course it was in purpose. I’m guessing his karate kick was “just accidental” ???

@tigerbill:

Accidental ??? He knows exactly where the tacklers head is, of course he does, its always above yours. You dont accidently put your elbow way above your shoulder when on the ground, of course it was in purpose. I’m guessing his karate kick was “just accidental” ???

try this for me Bill ,try and get an effective shot with your elbow while lying face down up to the same level as the back off your head

I couldn’t do it ,maybe that’s because I’m 44 ,maybe not

Happy your agreement is pointless. He knew who was on top of him, that’s why he lashed out. I bet if if was Bird, there would’ve be no elbow to the head. Bird would’ve sent him looking for his jaw. I can’t believe you support such a grub. Take the victory and run.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.